rxp steve
    +1

What prop should be used

I'm going to install an S3 and #42's on a stock 08 RXP for a friend. He wants to keep it as much stock as he can. he has a Riva top loader and that's it. The only thing I've told him is he will need at the very least is a 4" Fizzle intake. The ski only has about 25hrs on it and has always ran at about 8100 rpm right out of the box. My 07 only ran about 7900 rpm until I did a few mods. His ski has always ran faster when we were stock. The question I have is what prop should I use. With my mods I bought a 15/20r and had to +1mm to get to 8120 rpm. He wants to leave his exhaust stock because he says my free-flow is to loud. I'm thinking that a 14/19r is the way to go, but not sure. I would hate to tell him wrong and I really don't think he will do any more mods. One last question, would the free-flow not be as loud if the waterbox isn't modded and left stock.

Thanks for your opinions in advance

+1
    your friend will need a 15/20, and the free flow is pretty quiet with the stock box except for a droning at around 4000 rpm

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by masta2000 View Post
    your friend will need a 15/20, and the free flow is pretty quiet with the stock box except for a droning at around 4000 rpm
    You would call the free flow quiet? I don't have anything to compare it to, but i certainly wouldn't call mine quiet..

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by rxp steve View Post
    I'm going to install an S3 and #42's on a stock 08 RXP for a friend. He wants to keep it as much stock as he can. he has a Riva top loader and that's it. The only thing I've told him is he will need at the very least is a 4" Fizzle intake. The ski only has about 25hrs on it and has always ran at about 8100 rpm right out of the box. My 07 only ran about 7900 rpm until I did a few mods. His ski has always ran faster when we were stock. The question I have is what prop should I use. With my mods I bought a 15/20r and had to +1mm to get to 8120 rpm. He wants to leave his exhaust stock because he says my free-flow is to loud. I'm thinking that a 14/19r is the way to go, but not sure. I would hate to tell him wrong and I really don't think he will do any more mods. One last question, would the free-flow not be as loud if the waterbox isn't modded and left stock.

Thanks for your opinions in advance
    He will need a 15/20.
    I am willing to bet, that what yall are calling loud on the free flow is the drone at low rpm. Once at wot the free flow is not that loud.

For sure a moded water box will be louder then a oem box regarless if is stock setup, free flow, or thru hull.

+1
    Check my sig. I have the same SC but with an external IC. I would think the 15/20 would be the way to go. You may have to tweak it a bit but it would be my choice.

My free flow was much quieter than my through hull.

Thread Information