Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    +1

RXP rear exhaust opinion

What is the opinion on rear exhaust (single)? Benefits if any? Let me know what you all think. Your opinions are greatly appreciated. I have a stage 1 kit from Riva. Thanks!!

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by MSRXP View Post
    What is the opinion on rear exhaust (single)? Benefits if any? Let me know what you all think. Your opinions are greatly appreciated. I have a stage 1 kit from Riva. Thanks!!
    I love mine but IMO the main benefits are that it cleans up the inside of the hull and really sounds good. Performance increase is very minimal.

+1
    First off it's darn near impossible to read anything you post because of your avatar pic.....lol
    i didnt notice any performance gains with the riva rear exhaust on my wifes ski or the full riva box on my ski...but like others say the sound is worth the money imo....i wouldn't spend the money on just the rear exit kit though... i would just buy the completewater box with tip from rude...with a stock water box the rear exhaust is a little to quite for me...but everyone is different...

I have a Stage 1 and added a rear exhaust. No benefit. Definitely cleans up the inside though. Looks nice with the exhaust out the back. Sounds a million times better. Looking back, I regret not gutting the water box or going aftermarket. I did it for the sound since there is no performance gain for it on a Stage 1, so I should have went all the way and did something with the box. If I was to do it over, I would get the TDR box and thru hull. Seems to be liked a lot more over the Riva. For now I have no desire to tear it apart so will leave it.

+1
    I have the Riva box and love the sound. So much easier to get the SC out now.

Banned User

Riva exhaust

The riva exhaust sure cleans up the inside of the hull and helps keep the pump nice & clean. In the performance deparment is really a minimal gain but it sure does sound better.

+1
    When installing my thru hull exhaust i seen around a 100 RPM gain VS the stock exhaust setup...In a Scerd engine you want the engine to breathe in the best possible way.The thru hull exhaust,depending on your waterbox setup will aid in this..It also helps clean up the engine compartment as most of the guys have stated..

Quote Originally Posted by Snoman View Post
    When installing my thru hull exhaust i seen around a 100 RPM gain VS the stock exhaust setup...In a Scerd engine you want the engine to breathe in the best possible way.The thru hull exhaust,depending on your waterbox setup will aid in this..It also helps clean up the engine compartment as most of the guys have stated..
    Wow, I didn't see anything. But I did have a free flow before that i just remembered. Maybe I saw my gain back then.

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by antoniodef View Post
    Wow, I didn't see anything. But I did have a free flow before that i just remembered. Maybe I saw my gain back then.
    This was going from the Stock OEM exhaust to a gutted shorty with the Riva thru hull setup...When i went to my TDR boxes i saw nothing...

I like mine....

and that set up makes the S/C easy to remove without touching the Pipe.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information