Jerry, Jerry, Jerry jerryspringer's Avatar
    +1

Smile supercharger upgrade 100 hours - thoughts

hey guys ,

need a quicktip on supercharger and my options.
    my ski is about to hit 100 hours , so whilst the charger is out , i wanna give it a upgrade..

current setup is rxp 2007, 14/19 solas, intake grate, les cooke "a wheel"

was wondering if a rxpx supercharger is a straight fit, if so will that give me more hp than my current supercharger set up..

i dont wanna go to crazy and start changing valve springs etc... so i guess i wonder
    If i go rxpx charger will it mean i require remap, injector upgrade & change of my solas prop .... or will it add drop in extra horsepower with out the need for other mods??

thanks

+1
    Go with the X charger, you can buy the complete unit from Jerry for like $800 i think it is. the rebuild kit will set you back over $300 on its own.

If you stay with the standard intercooler i think you can get away without changing the injectors ( correct me if im wrong). But if you upgrade to an external intercooler you will need 42's and i think a RRFPR.

Not 100% sure what boost the Les Cooke impeller produces, i think its around 8, and the X charger will produce 10psi at 8100. you would probably need a 15/20r i would think.

+1
    Yep your about right, Get the X charger it makes a massive difference over the stock 215 charger and with the internall IC it hits really hard, All you need is a set of 42s to go with it and then have your stock prop re-pitched or add a solas. The prop is a very good upgrade on its own and one that I would seriosly consider even if you dont upgrade the SCer. R88

les cooke"s a-kit impeller makes 10psi and a-kit R produces 11 psi according to his website, i dont think he will see much improvement by switching to x charger without other mods,

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by tris View Post
    les cooke"s a-kit impeller makes 10psi and a-kit R produces 11 psi according to his website, i dont think he will see much improvement by switching to x charger without other mods,

Belive me I have it on my 04, she rips, so reliable as well, no RRFPR to mess with. The X charger is 10mm bigger internall diameter, it may only makes the same boost as Les's wheel but moves a whole lot more air volume. Also Les measures boost at the SC which reads alot higher then it would after the IC. R88

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by R88ory RXP View Post
    Belive me I have it on my 04, she rips, so reliable as well, no RRFPR to mess with. The X charger is 10mm bigger internall diameter, it may only makes the same boost as Les's wheel but moves a whole lot more air volume. Also Les measures boost at the SC which reads alot higher then it would after the IC. R88
    x2...
    here's a great idea of what a bone stock x charger is capable of... http://www.greenhulk.net/forums/show...ST-YOUR-SPEEDS!
    trust me... you wont regret it...

Thread Information