Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

GP1200R Water Temp Problem

Hi all, Im new to the forum and have issues with my new to me GP1200R.
    I purchased the ski from a friend that had it in storage for the past year year+ without it being run. Before trying to start it I put two stroke oil into the bores and let it soak for a bit then turned it over by hand before pouring some fuel into the chambers and trying to start it. Eventually it fired and ran excellent for a while. Then when trying to start it again the warning buzzer sounds and the water temp symbol shows on the display. I checked the spark but nothing. I have removed the temp sensor and cleaned the probe, checked the ohm reading on a meter and it seems to be within the factory range shown in the manual. I then got a replacement ECM from a local mechanic and tried that but no difference.

Now im here asking for any info or help that anyone has to offer as im completely baffled.
    Any help would be greatly appreciated! By the way, excellent website you guys have here!

+1
    Are you running it on the hose when you get the symbol on the dash ? Or are you in the water letting it warm up ?

FYI the cooling system is pretty straight forward. Look in the pump through the nozzle. On your left is a filter that is where the water comes into the system. Just be sure its not clogged.

I havent had it in the water yet, just running at home. I get the symbol as soon as I try to start it, will check the filter though.

+1
    you can wire in a 10K ohm resistor temporary for testing water temp sensor

Yeah I have tried the 10k ohm resistor too, didnt seem to fix it. Is there a reset for the display screen other than the reset button or do the skis have a diagnostic code function like some others?

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by mayday View Post
    Yeah I have tried the 10k ohm resistor too, didnt seem to fix it. Is there a reset for the display screen other than the reset button or do the skis have a diagnostic code function like some others?
    nope

+1
    So it ran, you shut it down, now there is no spark?

Yeah thats it, i got it started was running excellent then switched it off then wouldnt start again. Just got the temp indicator light and warning buzzer. Then managed to get it started again with no buzzer or temp light, running excellent. Switched off, wont start again temp light and warning buzzer. Now just buzzer straight away as soon as it starts to crank over.....

problem solved, broken wire inside plug from water temp sensor that wasnt visible...
    continuity, my new word for the week!

What is the ohm reading that water sensor is supposed to show?

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information