+1

Bringing a ski out of storage after 2 years

Received this in an email from a private seller of an RXT 215 with only 11 hours; does this sound like the proper method for bringing a ski out of storage?

<<
    Prior To storage her husband asked the dealer the best way to store it, they told him to run all fuel out of the ski, remove the seat, so it would breath, and spay the engine compartment with lubricant, they also did the 10 hour Inspection, (thats an oil change) since it had 9 hours of run time, plus they removed the battery.

I called a friend who works on them daily, he came over, he checked out the ski, and suggested that we put high test fuel in it with sta-bil, and mix 16 oz of Rotax Injection Oil with a full tank of fuel. He said that this is part of the break in procedure, and it would not hurt anything to just be safe.>>

Is there anything else I should do if I were to buy this ski?

Thanks!

+1
    I would check the pump to make sure there is grease in it. The oil in the fuel is a good idea, but really it is overkill. I would rather pull the plugs and squirt oil into the cylinders like I do with my emergency generator. And go through the ski and make sure all the clamps are tight. Good luck.

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by skipSC View Post
    I would check the pump to make sure there is grease in it. The oil in the fuel is a good idea, but really it is overkill. I would rather pull the plugs and squirt oil into the cylinders like I do with my emergency generator. And go through the ski and make sure all the clamps are tight. Good luck.
    Is it safe to squirt oil or Bomb lube into the cylinders like that? I might go ahead and do it anyway.

+1
    I dont know if I put oil directly in cylinders oil does not compress. Follow his directions you should be fine. I would probally run the ski with the learner key for a day. Possibly check or change the oil due to viscosity break down.

Thread Information