Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    +1

The 785 Collector and Different Triple Pipes

Just interested in what this thing does exactly. Is it just to collect the water and gases from all 3 triple pipes and route it into 1 path? Or are there baffles inside it to prevent back flow of water ?? or is it hollow inside? Are there any tricks you can do to it? could it be eliminated and just use a 3-into-1 brass fitting? Or is it an EXPANSION chamber for the exhaust to create more velecity of the exhaust flow?

Is this collector used when using other brands of triple pipes beside stockers? How does all that work with hot seat , moto marine pipes.?

+1
    Ive never been in one, but i'm almost certain it's fairly complex inside. I'm sure their are internal pipes that drop down etc.. to keep water flow from going back. The collector on the tripples is far more important than one might think. Im sure any pipes built to use the stock collector are all appropriately flow tested etc... So altering it would screw the intended performance of the entire system. The waterbox on the other hand, can be ditched completely from my understanding, and a straight thru hull fitting right to the hose in place. I wouldnt like that though for rec riding (water issues)

Years back i was always complaining about the collector, mainly hassles of removing/installing. I just learned to deal with it.

+1
    Collector is just an empty box you can run 3 separate hoses to the back and put them into one header or just bring all three out the back . It helps keep the water from getting back into the engine mostly .

No Motomarine's do not use one, Hot Seat uses the stock collector ,there is no real advantage to taking it out you will need more hoses and fittings then it is worth

+1
    Cool, thanks. its not completly empty. i tried putting a hanger in it and it stops. must be some kind of baffles in it. Its just 1 part of the Pro noone ever dicusses thats why i asked..

Lugs, did you make the one your using on your ski empty? or did you put any baffles in it?

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by bowsniper View Post
    Cool, thanks. its not completly empty. i tried putting a hanger in it and it stops. must be some kind of baffles in it. Its just 1 part of the Pro noone ever dicusses thats why i asked..

Lugs, did you make the one your using on your ski empty? or did you put any baffles in it?

my 785 is stock but my Pro1200 is empty an will turn over 8200 with a little prop

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by 785 lugs View Post
    my 785 is stock but my Pro1200 is empty an will turn over 8200 with a little prop

now the water boxes i know are full of baffles a bunch of them

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by 785 lugs View Post
    now the water boxes i know are full of baffles a bunch of them
    Water boxes! we dont need no stinkning waterboxes!!!!

I have a Factory pipe collector for a pro 1200 that was suppossedly modded by Randy. Not sure what was done internally. Haven't ran it. Anybody know anything about them?

Rasta Mon Condoms We Be Jammin!!!!! TxVirageTx's Avatar
    +1

collector

does it look like it was split down the middle all the way around??get it from a guy named mike that was building a slx1200 with pro pipes??

Quote Originally Posted by TxPro1200 View Post
    does it look like it was split down the middle all the way around??get it from a guy named mike that was building a slx1200 with pro pipes??
    Yes it was split down the middle. Don't remember who I bought it from but it would have been about 4 years ago.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information