+1

2007 rxp mods - tips

Hey guys, i m in the process of adding some minor mods to my 2007 rxp

i m not going crazy , want keep it to basic bolt on stuff

i ve just purchased x charger
    intake grate
    currently running solas 14/19

was wondering whether i ll need to change prop once x charger installed

im also thinking about adding intercooler - dont wanna change to through hull exhuast, so wondering to keep it simple could i add an rxpx stock intercooler .... and would this add and performance advantages over stock innercooler

was also wondering if anyone was familair with seadoo centre (les cooke) a -x drop in wheel - if i added this to the x charger , what mods would i need to change to suit... eg injectords , prop ???

any tips ???

pm me if you have rxpx intercooler and bracket/ etc for sale ...

thanks again

+1
    you will need 42lbs injectors with your stock ic with the x charger....if you go to a external ic you will see big gains! But you will also need to run a rrpfr...also with the les cooke drop in wheel you will need a rrfpr with or with out the external ic....as for a rxpx intercooler...I guess you could go that route or you could get a rotax ic and run stock exhaust...but if it was me I would get trd/riva waterbox with a riva/rude exhaust tip, and run the fizzle ic kit....cheepest most reliable set up to date...

+1
    Also you could have the 14/19 repitched to run at the proper rpms...but I've found that a depithched 15/20 is always faster than a pitched up 14/19... I'm guessing because the 15/20 just has a better root .....

+1
    I have an '07 RXT which I've done grate, wedge, green charger wheel, 4" intake, 42# injectors and external cooler....71 mph. I'm very pleased w/ the results. I originally removed the exhaust resonator, but did not like the sound at partcial throttle. Sounded like a crew boat. It is currently a stock exhaust with the hose cut and routed below the IC bracket.

Yes, you will have to upgrade your impeller to match your new set up. In my opinion, you need the external IC because it's effeciecy is far superior to the in manifold one. Especially if you are going w/ the X plus charger.

I have a spare good used OEM external IC, bracket, and hoses for the stock location, PM me if you are interested.

I have pretty much the same set-up as you are thinking of using and love it!
    I have an 06 rxp, X Charger with Les Cooke A-Kit X wheel, #42 injectors, Fizzle ext cooler.
    Also had les re-map my ECU to 8400. Running an untouched 15/20 & 8250rpm - 75mph.
    Was told by Les I don't need the rrfpr, maybe due to the re-map.
    Good luck with your set-up man!

Jerry, Jerry, Jerry jerryspringer's Avatar
    +1
    thanks for the tips....

was wondering when using fizzle ic with exhaust resonator removed, is ski really loud??

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by jerryspringer View Post
    thanks for the tips....

was wondering when using fizzle ic with exhaust resonator removed, is ski really loud??
    I have an 06 RXp x charger with stock intercooler riva rear air, thru hull exhaust, rrfpr, pump wedge, riva intake grate, TDR waterbox, and 15/20 + 2.5mm, adjustable venturi with 80mm ring and run 77.8 at 8180 rpm.

I had the free flow before has a nasty drown around 2000 rpm. do the thru instead. Much better sound.

+1
    A clarification: all 4-tec supercharged boats have the 159 mm diameter pump in them. The PXP 155 has the 155.5 mm pump.

Thread Information