Ok now a new problem.......ETB???

Hi guys thank you for your help so far

So this is where I'm at.

Finally got all the choc milk out of my tank and engine took 10 litters of oil and 4 oil changes but all clear

Tested the cooling system no head gasket leak.

Notice my flush kit was leaking water right over a oil tank breather hole... And being that I accidentally left the flush kit attached when last testing the oil in the tank never had a chance!

Ok so........

Ski is running with clean oil and everything is peachy .... Right?......... Wrong!

Took it to the ramp to test and it starts and runs I hit the throttle and it revs up makes plenty of boost even hits the limiter.... Then when I back off let it calm down and get back on the throttle I have no throttle! Cheack engine light comes on and I'm limited to 1700-1800 rpm. Pull the lanyard and let reset start again and it let's me go then same problem. I have consulted my service manual and I do believe it is limp home mode due to the ETB or PPU? Correct?

Can I reset by pulling the main relay and making the ETB go through it's leaning procedures? Will this help?

What can I do ?

Prior to changing the bloody oil everything ran fine!

HELP PLEASE

Quote Originally Posted by aussiepride View Post
    Hi guys thank you for your help so far

So this is where I'm at.

Finally got all the choc milk out of my tank and engine took 10 litters of oil and 4 oil changes but all clear

Tested the cooling system no head gasket leak.

Notice my flush kit was leaking water right over a oil tank breather hole... And being that I accidentally left the flush kit attached when last testing the oil in the tank never had a chance!

Ok so........

Ski is running with clean oil and everything is peachy .... Right?......... Wrong!

Took it to the ramp to test and it starts and runs I hit the throttle and it revs up makes plenty of boost even hits the limiter.... Then when I back off let it calm down and get back on the throttle I have no throttle! Cheack engine light comes on and I'm limited to 1700-1800 rpm. Pull the lanyard and let reset start again and it let's me go then same problem. I have consulted my service manual and I do believe it is limp home mode due to the ETB or PPU? Correct?

Can I reset by pulling the main relay and making the ETB go through it's leaning procedures? Will this help?

What can I do ?

Prior to changing the bloody oil everything ran fine!

HELP PLEASE
    i would try and clean sensors again?? if you put in to much oil ? you may have oil still in your intake tract and it is fouling the sensors again? have to clean everything up real good. or you may have a bad sensor??

Thanks,

100% no oil in intake even swapped sensors ( map and boost)

The ski runs grate every time I pull the lanyard out and start again.

+1
    To let your ETB do a learn/reset don't start the engine just hit the start button to wake it up and let it sit for a minute. It should go through the process, you will hear it make a few noises and clicks as it pulls the throttle plate back to full the fully closed position. Thats it if this doesn't sort it out you have other issues.

Was your flusher leaking over the ETB?

Does the check engine come on under throttle or after you have backed off?

Quote Originally Posted by Kosh View Post
    To let your ETB do a learn/reset don't start the engine just hit the start button to wake it up and let it sit for a minute. It should go through the process, you will hear it make a few noises and clicks as it pulls the throttle plate back to full the fully closed position. Thats it if this doesn't sort it out you have other issues.

Was your flusher leaking over the ETB?

Does the check engine come on under throttle or after you have backed off?
    Thanks kosh check engine light comes on after I have backed off.....

+1
    I have a spare you can try if you think it is the etb.

You can take the cover off and check it out inside for contamination / corrosion just be careful of the fine wire fingers that run on the tracks once bent they are nearly impossible to get straight again. Not impossible just close to it.
    Last edited by Kosh; 11-06-2010 at 09:59 PM. Reason: spellinh!

Quote Originally Posted by Kosh View Post
    I have a spare you can try if you think it is the etb.

You can take the cover off and check it out inside for contamination / corrosion just be careful of the fine wire fingers that run on the tracks once bent they are nearly impossible to get straight again. Not impossible just close to it.

Thanks kosh for the offer, I will let you know. I have today and tomorrow off work so I'll try and narrow it down.

Ok all good the ski is back to her old self! Thanks guys for your knowledge.

It was the ETB but after I took it through it's learning process it came good again

Thank you all again ...

Off to my brothers to help him put his MX 150 back together.....

Thread Information