+1

Best oil to use on gpr ,

Im looking into getting some high quality oil for the gpr, i have been using yamalube 2t, but wanted to go to amsoil, i heard i need the d-plate in order to do so, why is this??? And how can i tell if i have a d-plate??? Also which amsoil is better for my ski, the interceptor, or dominator??? Im in the process of drainning the old gas and cleaning the fuel pick ups, still havent water tested, going to check to see if it has wave eater clips also, do i need new gaskets when i check for the clips???

+1
    congrats!

you have just ask almost all the #1 ask questions in the history of the Greenhulk forums, all in 1 paragraph!

+1
    dont need new pv cover gaskets when you do wave eaters. best oil is amsoil dominator 40 to 1 or klotz 40 to 1. you can use yamalube 2r or so. if you dont use yamalube 2w when you have a cat it will mess up, the cat has to use 2w. if you have a d plate there wil be a resistor plugged into where the o2 sensor thingy is by the electrical box.

+1

d plate , exhaust sensor cut

i noticed the sensor right behind the cat , the previous owner cut, i took the ski out today and it would start fine, but once rideing it would act like it was going to shut off, i would have to flutter the throttle to keep it on, when i would try to go fast it would take off like a bat out of hell , then cut out at wot!!! and act like its going to die, it did turn off once but started righ back up, i drove it back to ramp, moved the truck, and did another test run, before pulling it back on truck, this time it ran better than it had i got to 58 mph, but it still seemed like it was cutting out... any ideas???? and if the sensor is cut do i need a new one or is it ok to cut when u do the d plate???

Quote Originally Posted by waverider1200 View Post
    i noticed the sensor right behind the cat , the previous owner cut, i took the ski out today and it would start fine, but once rideing it would act like it was going to shut off, i would have to flutter the throttle to keep it on, when i would try to go fast it would take off like a bat out of hell , then cut out at wot!!! and act like its going to die, it did turn off once but started righ back up, i drove it back to ramp, moved the truck, and did another test run, before pulling it back on truck, this time it ran better than it had i got to 58 mph, but it still seemed like it was cutting out... any ideas???? and if the sensor is cut do i need a new one or is it ok to cut when u do the d plate???
    if it's cut, chances are you have the d-plate installed. Look lower down the exhaust and follow the temp sensor wire up to the electric box. Right next to where the temp sensor plugs in there should be the cat sensor chip installed.
    Sounds like your having carb issues. Pull, clean, rebuild... or send off to Bill.

+1
    Keeping your catalytic converter unclogged for performance and meeting EPA pollution guidelines are the central issues. Parrafin based oils burn dirty and will clog the catalytic converter. The Yamalube that is recommended to go into the GPRs is a semisynthetic, and burns much cleaner. The catalytic converter can burn the oil and still meet the EPA specs.

Amsoil is a fully synthetic oil that burns even cleaner than the recommended yamalube, therefore, it CAN be used in a GPR that still has a catalytic converter installed.

+1

i have d plate, installed,

i took off the stinger pipe, and found i have a d plate, also found the carbs to be in horrible condition, so got them off, waiting on rebuild kits, riva says on back order till 12-6-10

Thread Information