Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast
    +1

East end surf challenge 2011!

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Bull Run 2010 009.jpg 
Views:	110 
Size:	75.6 KB 
ID:	220335Click image for larger version. 

Name:	W.Finals & stuff 091.jpg 
Views:	83 
Size:	101.7 KB 
ID:	220337Click image for larger version. 

Name:	W.Finals & stuff 081.jpg 
Views:	76 
Size:	91.4 KB 
ID:	220336Click image for larger version. 

Name:	W.Finals & stuff 100.jpg 
Views:	90 
Size:	67.2 KB 
ID:	220334East End Surf Challenge 2011 is just a few weeks away.
    Who will be there, who will not?
    Who has a title to defend, who does'nt?
    Who will be afraid to take the challenge, who will not?
    Who wants to keep this sport ALIVE, who does'nt want to keep it alive?
    These are just some of the harsh questions that face us in this upcoming 2011 race season.
    DP.
    21+ years and counting in this sport.

+1
    Is the Cayman forum section DEAD?

when will rules and classes be posted?
    will these in anyway correspond with CIWA rules?
    will there be a PROfESSINAL team managing the race?
    what will the prizes be?
    will it be a circuit race again or is it a true surf challenge?
    what rules have been put i place in the event that there are similar conditions this year, will it be the same fiasco?

I feel these are the questions that will determine the fate of this years EE Surf Challenge
    and will either gain or loose the interest of riders. I can only speak for myself but i am willing to come to a well organised and marshalled event . Definatly wont be entering if its a replica of last year.

i can only speak for myself.

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by islandboy View Post
    when will rules and classes be posted?
    will these in anyway correspond with CIWA rules?
    will there be a PROfESSINAL team managing the race?
    what will the prizes be?
    will it be a circuit race again or is it a true surf challenge?
    what rules have been put i place in the event that there are similar conditions this year, will it be the same fiasco?

I feel these are the questions that will determine the fate of this years EE Surf Challenge
    and will either gain or loose the interest of riders. I can only speak for myself but i am willing to come to a well organised and marshalled event . Definatly wont be entering if its a replica of last year.

i can only speak for myself.
    I think that all promotors of this sport who have been here all along and has kept this sport going, will always want to improve on their already established event. Its left to the racers to do their part and be involved.
    The East End Surf Challenge is not a Closed course race however if weather does not permit for races to go on the outside of the reef then an alternate course have to be set up, you just cant cancell a race when everything is set up and vendors and spectators are there, it just not good for the business side of things.
    I dont think that CIWA rules should have anything to do with an event or organizer that already has their own rules and have been around before CIWA existed.
    I have'nt seen a PROFESSIONAL team manage a race yet on Island! (oh wait, yeah! my team)
    Prizes will probally be more than you made at any of the other races.
    Check their web site for race classes.
    I don't know about any fiasco, but we sure had a party at the last one and we're looking for a good time at this one too.
    I can only speak for my team.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	DSCN2108.jpg 
Views:	49 
Size:	137.0 KB 
ID:	221184   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	DSCN2106.jpg 
Views:	56 
Size:	152.0 KB 
ID:	221185   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	DSCN2107.jpg 
Views:	50 
Size:	129.0 KB 
ID:	221186   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	DSCN2082.jpg 
Views:	70 
Size:	119.2 KB 
ID:	221187   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	DSCN2105.jpg 
Views:	45 
Size:	158.4 KB 
ID:	221188  

Sorry DP. my questions were pointed at the main sponsor/organizer of the event hoping for their answers.. and if these are the best answers we are given then id have to say. no, probably wont be attend. Thanks for voicing your opinions. ANYONE else have similar questions or constructive comments?

To be fair the officials and organizers cant make any changes if they don't know what we were disappointing in last time or what we are hoping for next time. everyone must have a piece of mind.

But, as to your reply i feel that it has nothing to do with who was there first or who's right and or wrong.. the sport is growing and definatly isn't what it was 2-4 years ago and as the sports grows so does the level of competition. its up to the organizers to make changes to rules and regulations to keep up with the competition and provide a fair and safe environment to all teams. we had teams complaining about both safety conditions and about the event being unfair. Yes the organizer can make their own rules but why would you bother to re-invent the wheel when CIWA has good guideline already set and ready to be followed? This isnt an argument just points and ideas for discussion.

look at the amount of complaints at the last 4 CIWA races and then compare it to the amount of complaint and the last 4 events not governed by CIWA. Thats not my opinion if u really wanted to count that would be statistics...

U haven't seen a professional team manage a race yet? lets not take jabs at other events... weren't you just talking about continuing the growth of the sport? i don't remember where that included bashing other race organizers or officials? besides im not sure if u could see who was up in the box at world finals but if u didn't recognize him he looks very similar to the guy who is head Marshall at our CIWA races maybe u should check his credentials ...

Apologize for not being clear in my first post. the questions were for the organizer of EE surf challenge and if anyone else has questions or comments post aswell. maybe instead of pages of shit talk we used this site as a means of communication between riders and organizers we can have a great year of organised hastle free racing and yet again raise the level of competition here.

Name:	22755_1118605225612_1841468974_227769_1332416_n.jpg 
Views:	70 
Size:	44.7 KB 
ID:	221280Click image for larger version. 

Name:	l_910feb3bdde44e60a950e806861d1162.jpg 
Views:	74 
Size:	26.3 KB 
ID:	221279well im ready for my 3rd win in a row at EESC in Jan hopefully cuz alot of fast guys out there now

Name:	22755_1118606225637_1841468974_227793_5572653_n.jpg 
Views:	83 
Size:	48.2 KB 
ID:	221278

+1
    Just a few short answers 'islandboy'
    The organizer of the EESC is not a part of this forum as far as i know.
    I never had any problems at the last EESC or the one before last.
    I respect the organizers and what they are trying to do with their event.
    Because it did'nt work out for your team, it should'nt have anything to do with how the event organizers handled their affairs.
    Surf and Turf Promotions Mike Young is well known and respected all over the US and the world for his races( did you know he was a promotor for APBA races and not just an announcer for the IJSBA)
    Speaking of complaints, every one of ciwa races i had problems, from getting our bikes deliberately mashed up to being deliberately held up and washed off our ski's.
    Why dont you ask Mr. Young yourself if those races were perfect?, see what he says.
    Yes this forum should be for the benefit and communication of racers here, so let every one else voice their opinion.
    Up until this date I can proudly say that my team, Wes-tec performance have been to every major race that's ever been held here on Island, because if you dont compete, you cant win!!!!!
    Remember, Real Champions dont quit, they just use what they have to get what they need!!
    CHAMPIONSHIPS!!!!! 111111111111111111111111111111111111

Quote Originally Posted by DP. View Post
    Just a few short answers 'islandboy'
    The organizer of the EESC is not a part of this forum as far as i know.

Well this is where the problem starts if they were really interested in our opinions or making it better they would have one. this is the one spot most riders in cayman can be reached.

I never had any problems at the last EESC or the one before last.

so u consider 5 managers and numerous riders cussin each other on the officials dock "not a problem" come on man i dont mind discussing events but at least be realistic... i remeber me and u specifically toe to toe on the dock.. i wont post how that conversation went but we werent talking about how great the day was.... I know u didnt have a problem with how your team placed but thats totally irrelevant to the organisation and way decisions were made race day. there was no structure... whom ever screamed the loudest it went their way....

I respect the organizers and what they are trying to do with their event.

I totally respect the organisers aswell and their event like my original post stated i would love to race east end again.. i posted this up to spark CONERSATION with ALL RIDERS not to have a pissin match with you... this said its all about BOTH organizers and racers. and unless we give them more feedback ( ie everyone reading this) than things wont grow or change...
    Because it did'nt work out for your team, it should'nt have anything to do with how the event organizers handled their affairs.

im not sure what your trying to get at..must be another random jab...similar to our convo at EE last year... moving on.

Surf and Turf Promotions Mike Young is well known and respected all over the US and the world for his races( did you know he was a promotor for APBA races and not just an announcer for the IJSBA)
    Mike Youg is the man!

Speaking of complaints, every one of ciwa races i had problems, from getting our bikes deliberately mashed up to being deliberately held up and washed off our ski's.

this is a thread to improve east end race.. dont see the relevance

Why dont you ask Mr. Young yourself if those races were perfect?, see what he says.

theres no such thing as a perfect race remember someone always has to loose and win .. please read my post again there was nothing that said 'perfect' in it.. once again what does this have to do with improving east end... just yet another jab? this one at CIWA?

Yes this forum should be for the benefit and communication of racers here, so let every one else voice their opinion.

Yes that would be great for everyone to voice their opinion... so everyone please voice YOUR OWN opinions on EESC and what is needed to make next year better.. dont just dissagree and argue about my opinion like some... remember these are my opinions and u cant change em.

Up until this date I can proudly say that my team, Wes-tec performance have been to every major race that's ever been held here on Island, because if you dont compete, you cant win!!!!!

GO WESTEC your my hero ....lets start a wes tec fan page!!! ...
    but please lets leave this section for CONSTRUCTIVE talk about East End

Remember, Real Champions dont quit, they just use what they have to get what they need!!
    CHAMPIONSHIPS!!!!! 111111111111111111111111111111111111

hopefully we can move on to more constructive convo about EE (not about my opinions) with the organisers of the event and riders.... i dont think u classify as either???

I hope the race turns out to be good, we have alot of good riders and fast skis out there now, we seen this at the CIWA races, so if the race gets changed from an outside race to inside like last year then its because of the conditions as last time, then just race it, it is for the sport right ? good luck guys ill see you all there. Wes-Tec time again

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by islandboy View Post
    Hey 'boy', I started the thread remember, I asked the questions about EESC to see if any one was up to the challenge FOR A RACE!!!.
    You came on with your sarcastic answers as usual and YOU were the FIRST to MENTION CIWA, not me, so DON'T MAKE THIS SOUND LIKE I'M THE ONE WHO IS BASHING CIWA.
    I remember us talking on the dock yes, after that kid came in and had to be put in the AMBULANCE, you were saying continue the race on the outside. I said why risk another persons life for a race. Now tell me who's right and who's WRONG.
    And it goe's on and on and on and on with you................................
    I only argue for the better not fo the worst, did you even realize that.
    I must be stupid for even answering you.
    I'm wont again, and you should LEARN be more positive towards the sport that you have just now come to know for a couple of years, also RESPECT those who have been here all along keeping it going,... nuff said.
    "GO TAKE A LONG HARD WET RIDE"
    Now back to EESC.
    Who's trying to make it to the race?
    Come on guys, for a forum that appears to be so dead it sure gets alot of views.
    Bring a donkey, a horse or a cow, it does'nt mater, just RACE

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread Information