2010 RXT-x question

Picked up a dismantled 2010 RXT-x yesterday and have a question. Dealer who was working on it took the front mount off and slid the motor foward to take out the engine. I am going to pull the pump when I after I rebuild the engine to properly install and align the engine. Problem is I believe I need to power up the ski to move the brake to get the pump out. Would it be safe to do that if I ground the 3 engine ground wires to a motor mount with the rest of the engine harness unplugged? Also, is there a different alignment plate for this model? Attached are a few pictures of the battery tray removed in case anyone was curious. Rectifier connected to side, and the 2 fuse blocks connect to the back. I like the access to the rear the panels give. Long time coming for the RXT models.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_3359 (Large).JPG 
Views:	46 
Size:	81.6 KB 
ID:	220371   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_3354 (Large).JPG 
Views:	60 
Size:	85.5 KB 
ID:	220372   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_3358 (Large).JPG 
Views:	50 
Size:	98.6 KB 
ID:	220373   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_3352 (Large).JPG 
Views:	52 
Size:	83.1 KB 
ID:	220374  

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by 8 is enough View Post
    Picked up a dismantled 2010 RXT-x yesterday and have a question. Dealer who was working on it took the front mount off and slid the motor foward to take out the engine. I am going to pull the pump when I after I rebuild the engine to properly install and align the engine. Problem is I believe I need to power up the ski to move the brake to get the pump out. Would it be safe to do that if I ground the 3 engine ground wires to a motor mount with the rest of the engine harness unplugged? Also, is there a different alignment plate for this model? Attached are a few pictures of the battery tray removed in case anyone was curious. Rectifier connected to side, and the 2 fuse blocks connect to the back. I like the access to the rear the panels give. Long time coming for the RXT models.

This sounds like a fun project! What is the history of this ski?
    Yes you need to wake up the ski to raise the brake thru the iBR menu on the dash. Procedure is the back half of the owners manual. The dealer should / could have done this thru BUDS before you brought it home..... You should be able to raise it like you propose. Since the pump is totally different I would suspect, the alignment tools are different. Any good dealer should be willing to help you with this very critical step, once your ready.

I hope you bought a shop manual, your gonna need it big time!

Banned User
    +1
    Whatever you do, do not give straight 12v to the IBR motor as tempting as it is...

The unit works off pulses not constant, many dealers have learnt this the hard way.

I will be ordering a manual this week. Ski has under 20 hours, new in August. It was tipped over, and when righted, had a foot of water in it, enough to get into the intake. It was turned over and bent a rod. Owner settled with insurance company and I got a pretty good deal. Was pretty clean inside, but I do not know how much got wet, so am in the process of taking piece by piece out, cleaning and putting back in. At least when I am done, I will know it backwards and foward.

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by lolzer View Post
    Whatever you do, do not give straight 12v to the IBR motor as tempting as it is...

The unit works off pulses not constant, many dealers have learnt this the hard way.
    OH LORD!!!!!! Good info I was tempted to............

Quote Originally Posted by lolzer View Post

So is it a stepper motor?

Banned User
    +1
    I'm not too sure, but it sounds like a 'servo' type motor in there, which works of digital pulses. (similar to electronic butterfly motors)

That's only a guess.

+1
    You do not need to move the bucket to get the pump out. Remove it all together. Don't over torque the bolts going through the hull on either side when putting it back together if you go this routte. The bolt goes into a POS insert in the plastic mechanism that moves the bucket. If you are lucky you will not even have to losen all of the pump bolts since SD added the feature where the bolts back themselves out.

Will you sell the ski

I am interested in buying the ski in it's current condition are you interested in selling it.

Thread Information