Enough pressure for Antifreeze

I can not get anitfreeze through the flush port. I bought a drill pump and it does not have enough pressure to push the antifreeze through. What am I doing wrong? Thanks for any help. 08 FX SHO

+1
    There is no reason to run anti-freeze in the SHO engine as long as you blow the waterbox out. Just run the ski dry for ~15 seconds with some blips of throttle up to 3k rpm to blow out the waterbox. Do this 5 times with at least an hour in between and you should be good to go. I have used this method for years.

Where do you live. How cold does it get there? I am in Colorado and there will be several nights well below zero.

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by RanchDweller View Post
    Where do you live. How cold does it get there? I am in Colorado and there will be several nights well below zero.
    I live in Mass. It's typically below freezing every night from dec-feb. I would give your local dealer a call and see what they advise.

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by mikeFZR View Post
    There is no reason to run anti-freeze in the SHO engine as long as you blow the waterbox out. Just run the ski dry for ~15 seconds with some blips of throttle up to 3k rpm to blow out the waterbox. Do this 5 times with at least an hour in between and you should be good to go. I have used this method for years.
    +1 on Mike.

Read your manual. Ski's are practically self draining. Just blow out the waterbox like Mike said.

I just did my SLX tonight and I also hit each intake with some fogging oil then I pull each plug and squirt some into each cylinder. I reinstall plugs and turn-over without plug wires attached for a few seconds. Couple pulls of grease on the intermediate and it's done except for a wash and wax. Easy peasy...

Oh, and I also use my Oil Boy oil extractor to remove any standing oil in the hull then I leave square home fan pointing down for a while to totally dry the hull.

Thread Information