Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast
    +1

Honda Steering system

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	W.Finals & stuff 131.jpg 
Views:	123 
Size:	72.4 KB 
ID:	220380Click image for larger version. 

Name:	W.Finals & stuff 128.jpg 
Views:	126 
Size:	108.4 KB 
ID:	220378Hey, my first post in the Honda section.
    Just wanted to show you guys what i've be doing for one of my teamates Honda F15X
    This is a TBM Ultra 260 steering system i adapted to the Honda.
    What do you think?

+1
    Very nice! How difficult was it to adapt? Any pointers?

x2. I really need to get a nice riser and padded bar set-up for my F-12X. I am sure there are several Honda owners that would like to get this done too.

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by Honda Guy View Post
    Very nice! How difficult was it to adapt? Any pointers?
    Not too difficult, had to do some machining and drilling.
    I had to turn the base plate 90 deg. to make it fit, that meant i had to relocate the handlebar stops in a new location and two little areas on top of the base plate had to be machined (bout 1'' wide x 3/4'' deep) to let the original brackets for the guage fit back into place.The steering arm is in the perfect place too. One little spacer on the bottom of the steering arm to adapt the cable, and trim the plastic to give clearence for turning.
    This bike feels so nice now that we cand stand in comfort and ride it to its full potential.
    Hey, when we were purchasing the system at the World Finals and i told the salesman what i was mounting it to, he looked at me and said, what? it for an Ultra not a Honda!, so I gave him the look, smiled and said, you dont know me buddy, i'll send you pictures of this mounted to a Donkey if you want...lolhe took the money and said, you're crazy man!
    see more pics.
    Notice where the TBM logo is on the base.
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	W.Finals & stuff 126.jpg 
Views:	89 
Size:	62.9 KB 
ID:	220487Click image for larger version. 

Name:	W.Finals & stuff 127.jpg 
Views:	83 
Size:	106.7 KB 
ID:	220486Click image for larger version. 

Name:	W.Finals & stuff 125.jpg 
Views:	97 
Size:	84.9 KB 
ID:	220485Click image for larger version. 

Name:	W.Finals & stuff 130.jpg 
Views:	90 
Size:	72.5 KB 
ID:	220488

VERY nice DP. I have to have it!!!!

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by turboscott View Post
    VERY nice DP. I have to have it!!!!
    Thanks turbo.
    Man if i lived in the States, i would have a little custom shop somewhere for these watercrafts to do all kinds of stuff for people who dont have the time or the skills
    That TBM system also has the adjustable base, you can change the angle at the base.
    I just kept it with the Honda's natural angle of the hull and that feels good to me.
    I love that bike, very impressed with the ride, we want to get a pump wedge for it now.

Quote Originally Posted by DP. View Post
    Thanks turbo.
    Man if i lived in the States, i would have a little custom shop somewhere for these watercrafts to do all kinds of stuff for people who dont have the time or the skills
    That TBM system also has the adjustable base, you can change the angle at the base.
    I just kept it with the Honda's natural angle of the hull and that feels good to me.
    I love that bike, very impressed with the ride, we want to get a pump wedge for it now.
    I just checked out the website for TBM...man those things are cool. That adjustable angle you spoke of is a nice feature. The set-up is quite expensive. Well, if you are ever in the area (Los Angeles) let me know.....LOL.

+1
    Yeah, pretty expensive, i searched quite a bit but could'nt find an aftermarket steering system, so i decided to make something work and it worked out really well.
    The Guadelope team that came to Cayman for the Jet Around Cayman race had some aftermarket steering on their Honda's but they could'nt speak english so finding out where they got them from was just about impossible.. lol
    Never been to LA but been to Vegas a couple of times enroute to the World Finals at Lake Havasu AZ.

Pain is fear leaving your body.... rlovebk's Avatar
    +1
    Nice set-up. Was it cheaper to pick-up at the World Finals? If so I will wait until next year, or the Mark Hahn. Thank you for posting this info.

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by rlovebk View Post
    Nice set-up. Was it cheaper to pick-up at the World Finals? If so I will wait until next year, or the Mark Hahn. Thank you for posting this info.
    Price wise i'm not sure, maybe a bit better but there was no sales tax added to the item so that was a saving..
    I guess thats one good thing about buying from the booths at the races, they bring stuff to sell and display but if it's something on display that you want to purchase and that's the only one they have, they will sell it to you.
    They'll probally ask you to leave it with them for the day so they can advertise it more but come the end of the day, its yours
    This project have me very excited, cant wait to do more to this bike.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread Information