Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

+1

2010 RXTX-260 Rear Access Panel - Leak Fix

Anyone with a new 2010 RXTX have water leaking into the ski through the rear access panels? Had the dealer change the access panels twice but had the same result after a short period of time. Panels seem to warp and begin leaking. I placed a flash light under the access panel, closed it and turned off the garage light and you could see light coming from under the access panel. I opened one panel so I could I see and poured a little water around the other and you could see water running into the ski.

The later RXTX models have a groove machined around the deck. I installed a small amount of RVT in the groove and then pressed a piece of neoprene cord stock (90 to 100 thousandths in Dia) into the groove. After it dryed overnight I re-installed the panels. The cord stock is raised enough that it leaves a mark in the seal located in the access panel. Re-checked as stated above and no light and no water leaking into the ski. Thought I would post in case anyone else is having a similar issue. See attached pics.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Rear Hatch Seal 1.jpg 
Views:	475 
Size:	56.9 KB 
ID:	220387Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Rear Hatch Seal 4.jpg 
Views:	339 
Size:	55.3 KB 
ID:	220386Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Rear Hatch Seal 2.jpg 
Views:	266 
Size:	50.2 KB 
ID:	220385Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Rear Hatch Seal 3.jpg 
Views:	440 
Size:	65.1 KB 
ID:	220384Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Real Hatch Seal 5.jpg 
Views:	280 
Size:	47.9 KB 
ID:	220388

+1
    NICE!!! I posted back in the summer that I was gonna try to grab some o-ring stock from work and try the same thing but we didn't have the correct diameter.
    Glad to see that it's working! Will have to put it on the "to do" list this winter.

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by stuckmoto View Post
    NICE!!! I posted back in the summer that I was gonna try to grab some o-ring stock from work and try the same thing but we didn't have the correct diameter.
    Glad to see that it's working! Will have to put it on the "to do" list this winter.
    Sea Doo has some sort of bulleten regarding the leaks. Their fix is a piece of double sided tape which sticks on both sides. You install it under the existing seal along the long side of the access panel (where it leaks!) but this alone will not fix the problem. the cord stock works very well. Good luck..

Banned User
    +1
    I've done the same practically on my iS.

Same thing, not a perfect seal...

So I removed the original neoprene seal and jazzed it up with a fatter version of the same type of seal. I used 'the right stuff' equivilant here in AU and it stuck nicely.

All i did to make sure it sealed well was spray wd40 lightly on the sealing surface and spread it round with my finger so it didn't get stuck to the deck.

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by Glade Rider View Post
    Sea Doo has some sort of bulleten regarding the leaks. Their fix is a piece of double sided tape which sticks on both sides. You install it under the existing seal along the long side of the access panel (where it leaks!) but this alone will not fix the problem. the cord stock works very well. Good luck..
    I've been working on this problem and found: taking the left seal off the lid and replacing it and STICKING the seal right side of the hull. Then bevel the seal gland to easily accept and align the cover over it.

On my own ski I'm going to secure it with bolts in six places on each cover glassing nuts into the hull so I do not penetrate or put a hole in the seal.

The seal when placed in this fashion elevates the seal a half inch above the hull allowing water to drain before it has a chance to seep in on the electronics.

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by jawz View Post
    I've been working on this problem and found: taking the left seal off the lid and replacing it and STICKING the seal right side of the hull. Then bevel the seal gland to easily accept and align the cover over it.

On my own ski I'm going to secure it with bolts in six places on each cover glassing nuts into the hull so I do not penetrate or put a hole in the seal.

The seal when placed in this fashion elevates the seal a half inch above the hull allowing water to drain before it has a chance to seep in on the electronics.
    Can you post pics please

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by Glade Rider View Post
    Can you post pics please
    I do not have a camera/ ability. I could send it to you on my phone......if I had your cell #

The left seal when stuck on the right side of the hull makes what I believe the easiest fix. It's afixed with an adhesive strip to the cover and comes off and reapplies easily. You can remove the bolts and put the rubber seal in the cover upsidedown to find the proper location.

+1
    The O ring on the cover knob is where alot of the leaks are coming from.....fix remove the screw on the back and install another O ring on top of the other one and lube it and resecure it back with the screw as it was. Both of mine leaked a gallon and a half an hour.

The TX siphon system is in the rear of the ski and water won't start to remove water until the ski is tilted or you accumulate 5 gallons of water in the low spots in the middle of the ski under the motor.

Just to get a bilge pump. When this machine is leaking in several places when it rains, for example.

+1
    Hey Rutcutter,

Here are the Pics you were looking for.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information