Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: plugs

+1

Question plugs

Is it normal for #1 plug to be quite rusty,# 2 plug half as rusty as #1 and #3 & 4 plugs not much rust at all?

+1
    nope should have no rust might have to lift your after ride maintenance routine sure youve read it all here before

????? Watman never seen rust on plugs in Hot temps like your back yard, and you been out and about lately. Dumbfounded! Maybe exhaust valve cause, and moist air attacked only that which was open. I came home to Vic and in one week they were all rusty on the bottom, now I fog and remove plugs, replacing the rubbers in the holes just to be sure.

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by nicjak View Post
    nope should have no rust might have to lift your after ride maintenance routine sure youve read it all here before
    how? After i put the ski on the trailer i dont start it till i get home,still havnt started. I wash the ski all over then i wash the engine bay, then I start the ski and after a few seconds i connect the water for flush, i let it idol for about 2-4 mins then disconnect water the give some gas to empty water box, then leave out in sun for around 7 hours then mop up all excess water in engine bay then put in garage and leave seats and rear tray off for a week.what the hell am i missing in that routine?

+1
    the water in the water box condensates back up the exhaust into the manifold, you know i live down south and my ski sits sometimes for weeks without a ride but i still start it to warm it up a little to get rid of the water/moisture. after a weekend ride i start it daily sometimes several times a day for the next week with the ski pointing skyward. works for me and i know waz does the same and im sure dave does too none of us have ever had rust on our plugs. as i said in another thread i personally saw a shop demo ski rust a set of plugs in 1 week because knowone bothered to flush it.

Quote Originally Posted by wot recession View Post
    how? After i put the ski on the trailer i dont start it till i get home,still havnt started. I wash the ski all over then i wash the engine bay, then I start the ski and after a few seconds i connect the water for flush, i let it idol for about 2-4 mins then disconnect water the give some gas to empty water box, then leave out in sun for around 7 hours then mop up all excess water in engine bay then put in garage and leave seats and rear tray off for a week.what the hell am i missing in that routine?

+1
    the water in the water box condensates back up the exhaust into the manifold, you know i live down south and my ski sits sometimes for weeks without a ride but i still start it to warm it up a little to get rid of the water/moisture. after a weekend ride i start it daily sometimes several times a day for the next week with the ski pointing skyward. works for me and i know waz does the same and im sure dave does too none of us have ever had rust on our plugs. as i said in another thread i personally saw a shop demo ski rust a set of plugs in 1 week because knowone bothered to flush it.
    i flush the bastard for sure, cant you put some sought of lock off device on the peace of fucking shit so the moisture doesn't make its way through the exhaust to the plugs?

Use your oil extractor and suck the F*** out of the box. Easier than syphoning, and does'nt leave a bad taste in ya mouth. Fog the head: take the plugs out and disconnect the coils, then turn her over, once you have sprayed each plug port with Kwakka fog . Plugs are one thing but you don't want rusty valves. I going turbo with straight through exhaust, may not have this problem, I will have others instead.

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by Offshore Aussie View Post
    Use your oil extractor and suck the F*** out of the box. Easier than syphoning, and does'nt leave a bad taste in ya mouth. Fog the head: take the plugs out and disconnect the coils, then turn her over, once you have sprayed each plug port with Kwakka fog . Plugs are one thing but you don't want rusty valves. I going turbo with straight through exhaust, may not have this problem, I will have others instead.
    this ski seems like a whole lot of bullshit has to go on just to make it reliable. starting to regreat my discission on this brand.

+1
    wipe back the tears calm down the other brands have just as many things that can go wrong its a f%$#&*g watercraft even the inlet manifold suffers from moisture maybe you just need to ride it more often f%$k i even have moisture constantly in my oil because of the water temp down here. dont think i would go to the extremes of sucking the water out of my waterbox though and removing plugs everytime i ride but hey each to there own if it works

Quote Originally Posted by wot recession View Post
    this ski seems like a whole lot of bullshit has to go on just to make it reliable. starting to regreat my discission on this brand.

+1
    wipe back the tears calm down the other brands have just as many things that can go wrong its a f%$#&*g watercraft even the inlet manifold suffers from moisture maybe you just need to ride it more often f%$k i even have moisture constantly in my oil because of the water temp down here.
    ive missed maybe 10 sunday rides in nearly 2 years, my mate who has the same ski and rides next to me and cleans his next to mine has not had this problem.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread Information