Results 1 to 7 of 7
  1. #1

    08 RXT X Oil Change Question

    I changed the oil on my RXT X and the filter cap only had one O ring on it. The parts diagram shows 2. Should there be one or two? On the diagram it seems to show one smaller diameter ring and one larger diameter ring. Mine only had the larger ring installed. Thanks


  2. #2
    2017 RXT-X 300 zone 5's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Location
    Lake Luzerne, NY
    Posts
    589
    +1
    8
    They have 2. My guess is that you are missing theone that is closest to the top, as it does very little. They are 2 different part numbers.

    420850500 Top

    420230920 Bottom

  3. #3
    West Texas RXP skoepp's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    west texas
    Posts
    12,019
    +1
    149
    Quote Originally Posted by tjcin View Post
    I changed the oil on my RXT X and the filter cap only had one O ring on it. The parts diagram shows 2. Should there be one or two? On the diagram it seems to show one smaller diameter ring and one larger diameter ring. Mine only had the larger ring installed. Thanks
    You answered your own question.
    Two different o-rings and two different sizes.
    If yours only came with one then there
    was one missing.
    I bet the smaller thickness/ larger dia ring at top was the one missing.

  4. #4
    Booner76's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    Stirling ,Ont.
    Posts
    222
    +1
    5
    Quote Originally Posted by tjcin View Post
    I changed the oil on my RXT X and the filter cap only had one O ring on it. The parts diagram shows 2. Should there be one or two? On the diagram it seems to show one smaller diameter ring and one larger diameter ring. Mine only had the larger ring installed. Thanks
    You are missing the upper small thickness/large diamiter seal.... Only $11 (Cnd) at your local seadoo shop....!

  5. #5
    mrbtd's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    Lindenhurst, Illinois, United States
    Posts
    4,309
    +1
    2
    Quote Originally Posted by zone 5 View Post
    They have 2. My guess is that you are missing theone that is closest to the top, as it does very little.
    Actually it does. Dont put it in and you will get a bunch of oil on top of the cap and everywhere else in the engine compartment. Also would lose a little oil pressure.

  6. #6

    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    Scotland, UK
    Posts
    290
    +1
    9
    Quote Originally Posted by skoepp View Post
    You answered your own question.
    Two different o-rings and two different sizes.
    If yours only came with one then there
    was one missing.
    I bet the smaller thickness/ larger dia ring at top was the one missing.
    +1 with Skoepp. They are a pain and easy to damage when you remove the cap. You need to be gentle with it. Easy enough to replace though.

  7. #7
    Thanks for the input guys.

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Similar Threads

  1. Newbie Oil Change Question
    By skeeterzx225 in forum Yamaha PWC Performance (4-stroke)
    Replies: 14
    Last Post: 08-12-2009, 10:41 AM
  2. Dumb first oil change question...
    By DngrZne in forum Kawasaki PWC Performance (4-stroke)
    Replies: 12
    Last Post: 04-14-2009, 04:42 AM
  3. Noob Oil change question
    By drtbk4ever in forum Kawasaki PWC Performance (4-stroke)
    Replies: 15
    Last Post: 05-12-2008, 09:09 PM
  4. pump oil change question
    By levonhelmet in forum 2-Stroke Performance
    Replies: 7
    Last Post: 04-29-2008, 08:37 PM
  5. RXT 1st oil change
    By skooter525 in forum 4-Tec Performance
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 06-29-2007, 02:54 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •