Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 14
  1. #1

    Oil coming out of dip stick

    Hello all,

    We have a 05 RXP SC, and it has a strange problem.
    After running for about an hour, oil was covering the whole engine....
    When engine is running, pressure is building up in the dip stick tube, and after shutting down
    the engine, and you remove the dipstick it makes a phssss (sorry) sound like you were opening a coke bottle, so there is pressure building up inside the tube, and so... from the crank case.
    Also the bellows or the rubber hose over the driveshaft from the engine to the drive is popping due to overpressure.
    We replaced the TOPS valve, with no help, and also the pressure switch on the OPR and no help.
    Has anyone had any similar problem with their RXP?

    Thanks all, any help would be appreciated.

    Cooler.


  2. #2
    speedskixp's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    venice fl.
    Posts
    8,117
    +1
    120
    Quote Originally Posted by Cooler View Post
    Hello all,

    We have a 05 RXP SC, and it has a strange problem.
    After running for about an hour, oil was covering the whole engine....
    When engine is running, pressure is building up in the dip stick tube, and after shutting down
    the engine, and you remove the dipstick it makes a phssss (sorry) sound like you were opening a coke bottle, so there is pressure building up inside the tube, and so... from the crank case.
    Also the bellows or the rubber hose over the driveshaft from the engine to the drive is popping due to overpressure.
    We replaced the TOPS valve, with no help, and also the pressure switch on the OPR and no help.
    Has anyone had any similar problem with their RXP?

    Thanks all, any help would be appreciated.

    Cooler.
    Have you checked compression? Sounds like you may have smoked the rings.

  3. #3
    JLewis's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    titusville
    Posts
    346
    i have the same issue. after doing a leak down test, mine is all from blow by due to piston to cylinder wall clearances. put brand new rings in and gave no help. needed an oversized piston bore to get the clearances dead on. any other people have the same???

  4. #4
    Work Harder, Millions on Wellfare Depend On Us! ultramaxracing05's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    Beaumont, Texas
    Posts
    2,999
    +1
    123
    how many hours you have??
    what brand of oil you been using?

  5. #5

    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    euxton nr chorley lancashire, england
    Posts
    1,500
    +1
    1
    Quote Originally Posted by Cooler View Post
    Hello all,

    We have a 05 RXP SC, and it has a strange problem.
    After running for about an hour, oil was covering the whole engine....
    When engine is running, pressure is building up in the dip stick tube, and after shutting down
    the engine, and you remove the dipstick it makes a phssss (sorry) sound like you were opening a coke bottle, so there is pressure building up inside the tube, and so... from the crank case.
    Also the bellows or the rubber hose over the driveshaft from the engine to the drive is popping due to overpressure.
    We replaced the TOPS valve, with no help, and also the pressure switch on the OPR and no help.
    Has anyone had any similar problem with their RXP?
    Thanks all, any help would be appreciated.

    Cooler.
    re check the tops valve, when you put the lanyard on you should here it click, if not its a bad plug to the tops valve

  6. #6
    Quote Originally Posted by speedskixp View Post
    Have you checked compression? Sounds like you may have smoked the rings.
    The compression is like this:
    cyl 1=90psi
    cyl 2=100psi
    cyl 3=90psi.

    So could that be smoked rings?
    How can I measure the blow down, and what is the max?

    Quote Originally Posted by ultramaxracing05 View Post
    how many hours you have??
    what brand of oil you been using?
    The engine has more than 200hrs on it without any rebuild?

    Quote Originally Posted by jetskibill9999 View Post
    re check the tops valve, when you put the lanyard on you should here it click, if not its a bad plug to the tops valve
    TOPS valve is making the click sound when the lanyard gets connected.

    Thanks guys.

    Cooler

  7. #7
    Banned User
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    Aussie Land
    Posts
    804
    +1
    21
    I don't know about you guys, but 100 psi looks on the low side WARM or COLD.

    Even with gauge variation.

  8. #8
    Work Harder, Millions on Wellfare Depend On Us! ultramaxracing05's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    Beaumont, Texas
    Posts
    2,999
    +1
    123
    you need to get you a leakdown tester, you can find one at harbor freight
    also there are plenty of videos on youtube that teach you how to use one and its purpose if you are not familiar with them. The compression is low regarding if its warm or cold.

    what type of oil you been using and what where the oil change intervals???
    also did this ski ever have supercharger failure?

    doing a leakdown test will determine if its the piston rings or the valves or the head gasket.

  9. #9
    Orlando Shark's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Miami, FL
    Posts
    2,419
    +1
    10
    Quote Originally Posted by ultramaxracing05 View Post
    you need to get you a leakdown tester, you can find one at harbor freight
    also there are plenty of videos on youtube that teach you how to use one and its purpose if you are not familiar with them. The compression is low regarding if its warm or cold.

    what type of oil you been using and what where the oil change intervals???
    also did this ski ever have supercharger failure?

    doing a leakdown test will determine if its the piston rings or the valves or the head gasket.
    +1

    My compression was 138/125/140 but I was getting 65% leakage on piston #2 and 35% leakage on piston #1. 15% leakage is borderline but acceptable. Do the leak down test and it will tell you where your problem is coming from. My guess is your rings. You will have to take out your valve cover and loosen your rocker arm bolts for best results.

  10. #10
    Hi Guys,

    I new to sea doos but not to motors......I think im already regretting buying these toys......lol

    I have the same problem dipstick blowing off with an 06 RXP 133 hrs. I havent done anything to troubleshoot however anytime I pop the hood I see white smoke in the engine compartment which I thought was steam from water in the hull touching hot components, now im thinking its exhaust gas. I'm suspecting that maybe one of my exhust valves is going bad as I know thats a common problem on these but only after 133 hrs? Should I replace these as a summer project?

    Next week I plan on doing a leakdown test but before I get around to it..... is it unsafe to use the ski at all if I keep an eye on my oil level and coolant level?
    I am using 10-40 motorcycle oil from autozone which says "superior wet clutch protection" I think its castrol.

    Also I'm wondering what the TOPS valve is for, is its purpose just to shut the motor off if you flip, could that be my problem?

    Thanks,

    Nick

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Similar Threads

  1. OIL coming out of Dip stick
    By Lbaronio in forum 4-Tec Performance
    Replies: 10
    Last Post: 05-01-2012, 06:35 AM
  2. oil coming out of catch can filter
    By Palm Beach Punisher in forum 4-Tec Performance
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 08-11-2009, 12:41 PM
  3. 1996 Gtx Oil Coming Out Of Cylinders
    By jimbo72 in forum 2-Stroke Performance
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 10-14-2008, 09:33 PM
  4. 97 Seadoo XP Fuel/Oil coming out of exhaust
    By medinaao in forum 2-Stroke Performance
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 05-28-2008, 06:25 AM
  5. Oil coming out of SC
    By lafjax in forum 4-Tec Performance
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 09-12-2006, 12:13 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •