Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

05 RXT Loss of Power

Looking for some ideas...on average I run around 7900rpm at 69mph but recently on my last two outings, my MPH has dropped to 60mph and rpm's were the same as above. My SC washers were done at around 25hrs and I'm at 88hrs now. The water temp has been getting colder and didn't know if that makes any difference with performance. No odd noises are coming from the engine and acceleration seems to be fine.

My wear ring has signs of wear (some scoring) and the impeller has a couple of small dings in it. Do you think I should replace the wear ring now or possibly the SC washers at this point since I'm getting close to 100hrs?

+1
    check your supercharger does not spin freely with your fingers

Can I check the SC without removing it?

+1
    You can check if its totally busted by removing the intake pipe and trying to spin the blades with your fingers

But if its just not slipping right then it might be better to remove it

+1
    yes remove the SC intake hose,using finger, try to spin blades

I removed the intake and tried to spin the blades with my fingers and found that it didn't move unless I used a lot of pressure, then it only moved a little bit.

call me crazy as i am def not an expert on these things, however if your RPM is unchanged, but your top speed has dropped, it would stand to reason that the problem is between the connection of the crank and the impeller...so i would replace the wear ring, and see what that does, if that doesnt help then i suspect your impeller is the issue...

like i said take that with a saltshaker of salt as i am not an expert...

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by Nj05nismo View Post
    call me crazy as i am def not an expert on these things, however if your RPM is unchanged, but your top speed has dropped, it would stand to reason that the problem is between the connection of the crank and the impeller...so i would replace the wear ring, and see what that does, if that doesnt help then i suspect your impeller is the issue...

like i said take that with a saltshaker of salt as i am not an expert...
    Good place to start, my guess would be a bad wear ring causing this. Try changing that out and see what happens.

Also, are you getting any cavitation?

Quote Originally Posted by ImAShark View Post
    Good place to start, my guess would be a bad wear ring causing this. Try changing that out and see what happens.

Also, are you getting any cavitation?
    I'll look into replacing the wear ring, but do you think that with this type of issue I should stay out of the water until it gets fixed? I don't feel any vibration from the pump during acceleration but I did earlier this season...I sucked up a bunch of seaweed once (around June) and pulled out everything I saw, but every time I gave it some gas, she would rattle, shake, and would barely move. I took it home and took the pump apart. I found that a few of the bolts weren't very tight. After inspecting and getting it back together, it worked. I did see some scoring on the wear ring from a shell I had stuck in it and I probably should have replaced it then, but I guess I'd just wait until the end of the season.

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by NetBret View Post
    I'll look into replacing the wear ring, but do you think that with this type of issue I should stay out of the water until it gets fixed? I don't feel any vibration from the pump during acceleration but I did earlier this season...I sucked up a bunch of seaweed once (around June) and pulled out everything I saw, but every time I gave it some gas, she would rattle, shake, and would barely move. I took it home and took the pump apart. I found that a few of the bolts weren't very tight. After inspecting and getting it back together, it worked. I did see some scoring on the wear ring from a shell I had stuck in it and I probably should have replaced it then, but I guess I'd just wait until the end of the season.
    Yeah, it's most definitely your wear ring or your prop. You should be able to ride it like that with no other problem then just a performance loss.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread Information