Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    +1

Yamaha`s at the drags

I was really impressed with the FZ ski`s at the drags these ski`s have came a long way in just 2 years there were 3 FZ that ran over 85 and Ron`s ran 91 then in the stock class ron`s FZ ran 78.6 with very limited mods and as for the cost to reach these speeds is much less than one might think and getting cheaper

And it was not all about speed the top 2 ski`s in the SS class drags were both FZ`s and the Dean`s team FZ rode by Ray (I think thats right) was a limited set up ski thats was a beast on the launch pad I would love to know what prop and pump set up he had that was a great running FZ for the mods it had.

I cant wait to see how we are running next year. I think it is safe to say that the Yamaha is the best platform for speed now and I dont see that changing anytime soon

If you own a FZ and like to mod you should feel pretty good about your choice of skis

Banned User
    +1
    Quote Originally Posted by shhr View Post
    I was really impressed with the FZ ski`s at the drags these ski`s have came a long way in just 2 years there were 3 FZ that ran over 85 and Ron`s ran 91 then in the stock class ron`s FZ ran 78.6 with very limited mods and as for the cost to reach these speeds is much less than one might think and getting cheaper

And it was not all about speed the top 2 ski`s in the SS class drags were both FZ`s and the Dean`s team FZ rode by Ray (I think thats right) was a limited set up ski thats was a beast on the launch pad I would love to know what prop and pump set up he had that was a great running FZ for the mods it had.

I cant wait to see how we are running next year. I think it is safe to say that the Yamaha is the best platform for speed now and I dont see that changing anytime soon

If you own a FZ and like to mod you should feel pretty good about your choice of skis
    What prop were you running(twin or single)??
    What ECU's where the top Yamaha's running??

Any clutch issues??

Oh, and congrats on the win!!!!
    Very impressive showing for Yamaha's. Who would have though?? I own an RXT-X, and when the first SHO's came out, it was no contest, I could holeshot them all day long. Not anymore-getting my a$$ handed to me by FZR's.
    Anybody looking for a used 2008 RXT-X

Oh, and I heard somebody got beat by a girl??? Was that your wife?? Outstanding job.

+1
    +1. The FZ's that won super stock were hole shoting, and drag monsters.

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by SHOdude View Post
    +1. The FZ's that won super stock were hole shoting, and drag monsters.
    Any videos?

I saw all the races that the fz did the seadoo rxp and t where getting of the line a lot faster but the fzr where catching up in mid and top speed these ski where running real good but we need beter pumps to come off the line

Really

Quote Originally Posted by RxPneco View Post
    I saw all the races that the fz did the seadoo rxp and t where getting of the line a lot faster but the fzr where catching up in mid and top speed these ski where running real good but we need beter pumps to come off the line
    I must have gone to a different hydro drag cause the one that i went to the last two yamaha's at the end were ripping it all the way buddy. the black one seem to have the best hole shot but lacked in top speed.

Banned User
    +1
    Quote Originally Posted by RxPneco View Post
    That is not a correct stament for a few of the fzrs like mine. No boat beat me off the line in fact thats how I won as there were faster skis there for sure.

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by Rocketman View Post
    That is not a correct stament for a few of the fzrs like mine. No boat beat me off the line in fact thats how I won as there were faster skis there for sure.
    So you've been busy since we last spoke.
    What prop you using these days with that set up?

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by Rocketman View Post
    A few of the FZR had very impresses holeshots like Kerry said.. These guys were even or ahead of me on every lanuch. They really surpised me. Counting on their skis not to holeshot so good. So, I soften my holeshot a little and went for topend pull, mistake. Thats where I thought the race was going to be.

Once Kerry got me off the line there was no way I could catch him.
    Can't find the video of Kerry beating me. Saw a couple night ago, just can't find it now.
    Here is SHHR and me racing.

This black ski seemed to go alright?

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information