Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    +1

A question about your government..

Hi guys I don't mean to stir the pot or I should say I am not trying to knock the way things are done... But I am from Canada and I have been watching the coverage of the hurricane and it's horrible effects on human lives...So many sad tales....One thing I have noticed is though is that thier is a HUGE lack of military intervention...So many ppl. trapped or needing help So much looting (And I can't blame some of the looters) But all I havee seen on CNN is 1 military vehicle with 4 troops in it heading down the highway on the wrong side of the road...I know that the navy supposebly has some ships on the way but I am not sure why some preventitive measures were not put in place...Why not have the troops mobilized on the day before the storm hit...Have them setup and ready to move the minuite the time was right to do so...Not wait until 2 days after the storm to assess the damage first..Figure out what they have in stock to help...Then show up in force a week later...You can amass 100.000 plus troops in Kuwait within next to no time.. But the government seems to have lost sight of priorities when it comes to it's own ppl...

Santa Monika, People's Republik of Kalifornia...
    +1
    Well LA got hit on Monday, was only 48hrs ago, armies and logistics take time, the help is coming, it just takes some time.

Also you might think whatever you want of G Bush, I am sure he won't spare any expense to help the victims...

About the looting I have heard some store managers, pretty confident everything was going to be ruined anyways told the desperate population to just take what they need.

those people in New Orleans shouldnt even be there in the first place they should've gotten on the first bus outta town once they heard the that a class 5 hurricane was headed there way

+1
    It takes time to roundup the National Guard "strays" that are still left here in the US. Our troops and equipment are in the mid east, not much left here to help our citizens when needed.

As far as the looters go....if they were only taking food and water, it might be understandable, but they were taking TV's and other items they can't use and wrecking the stores in the process. Martial Law should be imposed and police given the order to shoot looters ! The worthwhile citizens are helping rescue others, the trash are causing havoc by looting and vandalizing stores and robbing people on the street.

It's a shame the hurricane made our good president cut his vacation short and return to the White House....how his family must be suffering !!

Richard

Santa Monika, People's Republik of Kalifornia...
    +1
    Quote Originally Posted by way2fast
    It's a shame the hurricane made our good president cut his vacation short and return to the White House....how his family must be suffering !!

Richard
    I hope that is sarcasm.

+1
    I believe it is. I don't personally know Richard but I think he cares more about the suffering people in the Katrina aftermath than he cares about the President's vacation.

I do agree with two2corrupt.......48 hours+ later & there are people that have had no water.......you're gonna tell me we couldn't airdrop pallets of water? Christ, this is 2005.......we (LA State govt & the US Govt) should have had this situation under control.........over 48 hours later & it looks like bagdad...............

...Martial Law should be imposed and police given the order to shoot looters ! ...Richard
    I agree......& speaking of Bagdad, we should be TAKING the freakin' oil too........

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by 11

Richard
    I hope that is sarcasm.
    After reading several of his posts, I believe he is serious. I understand Richard is a business owner yet he comes across extremely liberal.

I'll bet Richard feels he's not paying enough taxes.

As far as not mobilizing the National Guard, the state has to request help and logistics take time. Hindsight is 20/20. I'll wager the devastation is more than anyone anticipated.

That hurricane spooled up from a cat 1-2, to a 4-5 in two days. It was not expected to strengthen that much if at all.

I feel worse for the folks in Alabama and Mississippi.

I would bet $100 that the final death toll is well over a thousand souls in just Alabama and Mississippi alone, and will take weeks to find the total.

Quote Originally Posted by 11

Richard
    I hope that is sarcasm.
    I think it is more stupidity. The hypocrisy is simply absurd...all President's take the same vacation, at the same time whether Republican or Democrat. It's one thing to debate policy and politics but I have no respect for someone who has to resort to such childish far wing banter.

What's left of our National Guard...there's plenty left. 10,000 are leaving from NY today alone.

These things take time - while Richard might be a good businessman, I don't think he has any experience is organizing a massive relief aid plan. He just believes the BS that the far left spews...anything to bash Bush. I have far right friends who did the same thing to Clinton...I could care less what he was doing with an intern - my only objection to him was he lied under oath....no one is above the law.

Martial Law has been declared....so while a good suggestion you guys are a bit too late. MS's governor has ordered that looters be treated 'ruthlessly'.

He loves to bash on George saying he's an idiot...I guess that makes his boy John Kerry a fucking idiot since his grades in college were lower than GWB's.

People should have left when they were told to leave - bottom line. Now they're saying "oh I didn't think it was going to be this bad". Someone was going to get nailed - Jerry got spared thankfully but IMO he still should have left.

Now they're shooting at the helicopters trying to rescue them? I say leave them there then.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread Information