Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    +1

Waterbox & i/c question??

Hey guys, i am going to do the riva thru hull exhaust and add an external i/c to my 2007 rxt (see sig).
    Question is if i go the riva w/box and thru hull, it is shown as a 1 piece unit. Didn't they used to be a seperate w/box and seperate thru hull joined by the silicone coupler?? And anyone that has fitted the one piece unit how did it go?, line up ok or a total PITA!!! also how do they sound, and are they solid once in the ski? as i ride surf/open water.

Second question i am adding an external i/c and ride 100% in salt water so which is the better unit, fizzle xs or riva gen 2?? Have already searched and read about the 2 but it just concerns me that at the start of the post fizzle said he has only had 5 i/c back and 4 were from salt water riding! What are your thoughts???
    thanks in advance bradsta..

+1
    The Riva box came in two models. One model was for people that are running a jpipe which is the one tgat needs the extra connecting pipe for the thru hull. The other type is an 08+ style waterbox which uses the midpipe from a 08 setup and already comes with the pipe coming out that goes to the thru hull fitting.

About the intercoolers:

I would go with the fizzle kit myself. Unless you race professionally you won't need the gen 2 which is said to cool a little better. Just make sure to flush the ski with fresh water for a couple minutes after every ride and you should be in good shape.

+1
    Thank for the reply imashark, the water box in the g/h store is the 1 piece unit 07 and older(see pic) I have the j pipe but i thought where the exhaust comes from the waterbox it was joined by a flex coupler? Do they not make the sperate unit anymore?
    And in regards to the i/c, would you say then that the riva gen2 would be better for long wot runs for extended periods?
    cheers bradsta...
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	rs16081.gif 
Views:	57 
Size:	52.5 KB 
ID:	220663  

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by bradsta View Post
    Thank for the reply imashark, the water box in the g/h store is the 1 piece unit 07 and older(see pic) I have the j pipe but i thought where the exhaust comes from the waterbox it was joined by a flex coupler? Do they not make the sperate unit anymore?
    And in regards to the i/c, would you say then that the riva gen2 would be better for long wot runs for extended periods?
    cheers bradsta...
    Right to run the Riva waterbox setup you need a thru hull outlet and the silicone joining pipe.

If you wnat to run a Thru hull exhaust that attaches to your stock water box you just buy the kit and it comes with all the parts you need.

Riva has made the waterbox so that peoole that were already running a Thru hull exhaust could just swap the waterboxes and outlet pipe and fit the new waterbox in place using the outlet and silicon joiner that comes with the thru hull kit.

As far as ICs go the Fizzle kit is very good, you would have as many issues with the riva IC if not more, I dont like the Gen2 IC they swell up and crack. I ride in salt all the time and have not had any issues with the XS coolers that I have, Fizzle uses the XS in his kit.

Make sure you flush after every ride and it will be fine, The new braket that Fizzle has come up with looks good too, nice and strong.

The riva waterbox will be solid if installed correctly. R88

+1
    What R88 said, and yes I forgot they also came in tgat other model.

+1
    Second question i am adding an external i/c and ride 100% in salt water so which is the better unit, fizzle xs or riva gen 2?? Have already searched and read about the 2 but it just concerns me that at the start of the post fizzle said he has only had 5 i/c back and 4 were from salt water riding! What are your thoughts???
    thanks in advance bradsta..
    The 4 or 5 ICs is out of 300+. Not a bad percentage when you think about it. They've been in people's hands for almost 4 years.

If you increase the water pressure going to the IC it will help cool better for long WOT runs.

+1
    Dont forget if your planning on going with the thru hull exhaust setup your gonna need to get a set of OPAS block offs too....You wont be able to run the OPAS with the thru hull setups do to inside clearence issues..

+1
    Here is the riva waterbox. i did sound clips of on land and in water.

+1
    Thanks guys,
    Adambomb that sounds sweet as!!

Yeah i am aware that to do the thru hull i have got to do the opas blockoffs, thanks for the tip snowman. I see on another thread that skoep wants to keep the opas on his 06rxt for turning, does it really affect the turning that much??

And JfizzleJr, mate please don't think that i was implying that your product was no good, as the amount of forum members using them with good results speaks for itself! I was just unsure if the riva may have some sort of annodizing inside to help stop corrosion? I flush my ski well after every ride so i guess it's all good.
    With the new i/c bracket in the kit, does it move where the i/c used to sit slightly? I noticed that the earlier one had the 2 i/c pipes with the kinks in them but the new kit only has the one kinked pipe and one straight short pipe?
    Cheers for the help

+1
    Thanks guys,
    Adambomb that sounds sweet as!!

Yeah i am aware that to do the thru hull i have got to do the opas blockoffs, thanks for the tip snowman.
    I see on another thread that skoep wants to keep the opas on his 06rxt for turning, does it really affect the turning that much??
    And JfizzleJr, mate please don't think that i was implying that your product was no good, as the amount of forum members using them with good results speaks for itself! I was just unsure if the riva may have some sort of annodizing inside to help stop corrosion? I flush my ski well after every ride so i guess it's all good.
    With the new i/c bracket in the kit, does it move where the i/c used to sit slightly? I noticed that the earlier one had the 2 i/c pipes with the kinks in them but the new kit only has the one kinked pipe and one straight short pipe?
    Cheers for the help
    On my RXP I would never run opas but its a mid 80s ski set up for mostly drag.

I had a 185 GTX and RXT-X both ran with opas and without.
    I now have a RXT and going to keep the opas setup for a cruiser, twistys, or what ever else everyday riding may bring.
    On the couch i prefer the opas unless going for a drag boat.
    It does make it handle much better IMO on the couch.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information