Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Yamaha VXR feedback from people who have ridden it

Seeking feedback from people who have actually ridden the new Yamaha VXR.

What are your thoughts on it's handling, stability etc

I like the look of the specs and performance and was planning on getting one.

The one thing concerning me about the VXR was that it is so new and there has not been much time for user feedback or shakedown of any early model issues.

I am in Australia and I cannot demo one as they are not available here yet.

Are there any credible online sites for reviews or magazines? The ones I have seen all seem to say how good the PWC is regardless of what model it is and hence are not that useful.

+1
    I havent ridden the VXR, but I have ridden the VX. Its the same ski other than the motor. It has an uncomfortable riding position and doesnt handle chop well. I have no interest in that ski at all.

Just want to ride.
    +1
    I would hold judgement for a little longer. The vx isn't exactly the most comfortable rough water boat but it only does about 48-50 mph. I want to see what the new motor and seat do for handling and ride characteristics before dismissing this boat. It could be an awesome river racer for guys who don't head out in the rough stuff.

My experience has been that no ski feels the same when it's 15mph or so faster...........

Good luck!
    Sean

+1
    I have ridden the new VXR and love it. In fact, I will be buying one.
    I have not ridden a regular VX so I can't compare the two, but am told they are very different.

The VXR uses a lighter weight nano xcel hull, has much more power and the seat is different.

The Vxr doesn't have adjustable trim, which can be a problem. The hull is also, from what I have heard from the dealer, not too efficient in the chop. But i doesn't have a supercharger

I imagine this as a 4-stroke GPR.

That hull wasn't made for chop but it's still very well regarded.

I can live without trim. Im a social rider and don't really use trim at all on my GPR.

Thumbs up Bump

Quote Originally Posted by cjgolf View Post
    Seeking feedback from people who have actually ridden the new Yamaha VXR.

What are your thoughts on it's handling, stability etc

I like the look of the specs and performance and was planning on getting one.

The one thing concerning me about the VXR was that it is so new and there has not been much time for user feedback or shakedown of any early model issues.

I am in Australia and I cannot demo one as they are not available here yet.

Are there any credible online sites for reviews or magazines? The ones I have seen all seem to say how good the PWC is regardless of what model it is and hence are not that useful.

Hey Guys Im looking for feed back on this VXR too thanks...

+1
    I am torn right now between Yamaha and SeaDoo. Going to be a tough decision on which to buy after I sell the FZR. I love the top speed of the VXR but when it comes to bang for the buck I can't help but look over at the 2011 SeaDoo GTI SE 155 which is priced slightly better but with a ton more features only a slightly slower top speed.

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by CajunJosh View Post
    I am torn right now between Yamaha and SeaDoo. Going to be a tough decision on which to buy after I sell the FZR. I love the top speed of the VXR but when it comes to bang for the buck I can't help but look over at the 2011 SeaDoo GTI SE 155 which is priced slightly better but with a ton more features only a slightly slower top speed.
    I am with you on this one the VXR is going to be good but that new SEADOO GTI S3 hull is really hard to beat if it was me and this is hard for me to say ill be looking at the GTI

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by Corey R. View Post
    I havent ridden the VXR, but I have ridden the VX. Its the same ski other than the motor. It has an uncomfortable riding position and doesnt handle chop well. I have no interest in that ski at all.
    I disagree. The reason the VX is hard to keep hooked in rough water is because they use a plate with lots of angle to sqeeze more speed from the undepowered engine. Put a VX plate on an FZ with a stock grate & it'll suck in the chop too. I think that hull with more power & some handling mods will be a completely different animal...can't wait to ride one! I recently spent a weekend riding a VX, & the biggest issue I had with it, besides being f'ing slow, it is it's tendency to submarine the bow into waves at lower speeds which also makes it a very wet ride.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information