Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    +1

Naples FL woman gets $00 from SeaDoo

http://www.naplesnews.com/news/2010/...injured-naple/

It's not a good story, woman falls off back of jetski and gets jetwash up her you know what for some severe injuries.

Click avatar for tech links/info, donation request K447's Avatar
    +1
    Definitely a problem with that particular jury. They found people guilty that were not even on trial!

...Jurors, who had deliberated roughly 5Ĺ hours on Nov. 2, hadn’t correctly followed instructions and had found the driver and owner equally negligent and ordered them to pay Thomas. They weren’t defendants...

Fifteen minutes later, the six-woman, three-man jury returned with a new verdict: Zero.

They found that Bombardier Recreational Products Inc., which manufactured the 2006 Sea-Doo RXT, had not negligently designed the Sea-Doo and it wasn’t in a defective condition...
    ...a warning should be placed on the passenger seat, such as those on jet seat backs involving food trays or with each airbag in cars.

“So, location, location, location,” Karnes testified. “That’s the important part of it. ... It’s the person at risk who needs to have the information to be able to make the decision and not have to rely on somebody else.”...
    I suppose this is why some watercraft have the warning label on or near the rear deck, behind the seat.

+1

I got my self pretty good in the balls ones on a stand up

That is to bad she got hurt but give my a F---- break. $1.7 million. Just like the lady who spilled coffee on her at McDonald's and got $1 million bucks. Only in America. Some ambulance chaser lawyer is trying make out like a bandit. It thing like that will make SEADOO go out of business.

+1
    Yeah seriously...even though I feel bad for her I still think it was no ones fault and was just an accident that can happen to anyone.

+1
    Just read this in the paper today!

home of the dislexic fingers breon's Avatar
    i think there was one in the bahamas a few years ago.as well..

i did a car for a lawer in miami..a few years ago and he warned me of that....then a few months later i got a notice from seadoo telling me female passengers should whare wet suit bottoms..probably as a result...

honestly 1.7 mil in todays world isnt really that much...and i cant comapre that to mcdonalds coffee if she was your girlfriend you would probably feel different..

+1

You are right

I am sorry if i offended any one. It is hard not to be negative. I work hard for my money and some people act like the world owes them something. Some third world country, people are just glad to be your Friend they would never think about suing any one. The next time someone will sue seadoo for not putting a air bag on it. Now that it is a issued. Seadoo should bring this to a buyers attention.

sounds like he need to get a new gf shes been used and abused. but any ways i think that is some bs trying to sue seadoo for someones actions. its not seadoos problem it was most likley the person driving the ski that caused the damage or someone needs to hold on tighter. its like me trying to sue seadoo for the ski throwing me off because i was jumping waves and hit my chin on the front of the ski give me a break.

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by 20 feet Boy View Post
    That is to bad she got hurt but give my a F---- break. $1.7 million. Just like the lady who spilled coffee on her at McDonald's and got $1 million bucks. Only in America. Some ambulance chaser lawyer is trying make out like a bandit. It thing like that will make SEADOO go out of business.
    Just ask Polaris why they aren't in the watercraft business anymore. Same exact story only they lost, where do you think the warning stickers came from?

+1
    Just wondering have there been any reports of this happening in the rectum?

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information