Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Unhappy kawasaki ultra LX front hatch stuck shut

Hello guys this is my first post I am in victoria australia and I wish it was under better circumstances the front hatch is stuck shut on my ski, I have tried lubricating it to free it and this has not worked, please help me out - ski is an 08 kawasaki ultra LX

+1
    Is it stuck shut from the locking latch not releasing or the hinge is frozen.

it unlatches and lifts a little but wont go very far up at all it lifts around 2 to 3 inches after much fiddling I am able to put fuel in it I do not know where it is seized, does it have a hydralic ram there that can be seized? I got no idea why it wont lift up it could be a seized hinge I got no clue why it wont lift up which is why I have signed up and posted here thankyou for your response

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by vicdude View Post
    it unlatches and lifts a little but wont go very far up at all it lifts around 2 to 3 inches after much fiddling I am able to put fuel in it I do not know where it is seized, does it have a hydralic ram there that can be seized? I got no idea why it wont lift up it could be a seized hinge I got no clue why it wont lift up which is why I have signed up and posted here thankyou for your response

Just pull a little harder. I was hesitant at first and now there is a "tight" spot with a little pop I have to go through.
    I loaned out my ski and when I got it back it was stuck also. It seems as it somehow came out of alignment and id hitting on the black plastic splash guard on the botton but inside the hood. The part that stays attached to the hull when the hood is lifted. It works fine and I have not pinpointed that this is where my issue lies but it works so I have not pin pointed what exactly happened.

+1
    I mean don't stand up front and just start yanking because it may be more than mine is. Just give it a wiggle side to side as you are pulling it up but don't be scared to use more force.

I am shitscared of busting the lid clean off the hinge or whatever if that happens I know I will have to open my wallet to fix it, I really don't want to force the shitter out of it because if it breaks from the hinge or rips the mount out of the lid I will be up for costly repairs...

Thankyou for the tip by the way looks like I may have to apply some brute force

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by vicdude View Post
    I am shitscared of busting the lid clean off the hinge or whatever if that happens I know I will have to open my wallet to fix it, I really don't want to force the shitter out of it because if it breaks from the hinge or rips the mount out of the lid I will be up for costly repairs...

Thankyou for the tip by the way looks like I may have to apply some brute force
    I am with you on the scared part but it is the same thing mine did when I got it back and I played with it for a while before finally deciding to just go for it. Well a few adult beverages and anger hepled with the decision making process. Good luck with it. If it is under warranty bring it in and let them do it. That way it is out of the dealerships pocket if something else breaks.

+1
    WELL???
    Did you get it.

sorry but I decided to not play with it once I lost day light (I am in Australia) focussed my efforts on finding a solution online which you gave me, I went to bed (my last post was pushing 1 am my time) and got up to wonderful raining weather when the rain eases I will give it a go

+1
    Sounds like the gas spring is damaged somehow. The spring has a metal mounting bracket on each end, assuming that it's like the Ultra 150s. The original gas spring sucks, it will rust badly. Better to buy a stainless steel gas spring when the time comes.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread Information