Nozzle Not Straight

Hey guys,

Bought a brand new FZR and I noticed that when handlebars are straight, the nozzle is kinked to the right.

Took it out for a ride and for me to go straight, I need point the handlebar a bit towards the left?

Is this normal? How can I fix?

Thank you!

i will get all the rest i need when im dead corkycat's Avatar
    +1
    if you purchased it from a dealer then just take it back to them and have them sort it under your warrantee. this should have been checked prior to letting the ski go out.

+1
    Just made that adjustment about a week ago. If you choose to fix it yourself, here's the procedure in the JPG below. Note that it's measure at the rear and adjust at the front. I found it easiest to get to the adjustment point by removing the white plastic access panel between the front of the gas tank (engine compartment) and the forward storage compartment. The five fasteners that hold access panel remove by depressing a pin in the center of each connector with a punch or small phillips screwdriver. Once the pin pops out, the fastener will come out. It's a tedious procedure since you have to make the adjustments mostly by feel and you'll probably have to remove and adjust it several times before you get it right. If you're close enough to your dealer, let them do it.

+1
    like you kelly i cant be arsed to keep taking mine to dealer as its grief towing there and back for a simple job..

mine has been adjusted half a dozen times to date at the adjuster on nozzle and i still cant get her to track straight in line with bars..yes grate and plate is square...i assume the cable is streaching a lot due to forces from abuse from riding...moral is get it close and stop playing coz its driving me nuts

+1
    Despite the service manual, I tried adjusting at the back connector since that seemed the simplest. However, I never had much luck as the whole cable end wants to turn. Was afraid to try to hold the cable end still w/ pilers or vicegrips because I thought if I nicked the rod end it would eventually take out the seal.
    Per the manual, adjusting the connector at the steering arm is awkward, but that got me results at least. I think the rear adjustment is only for taking up excess play when you can't get the adjustment in the front to bring it to spec.

Well I adjusted mine as per Kelly's picture and it's much better than when I first took it out.

I will mention this to the dealer at my first service. Cheers!

Thread Information