Thread: need help asap

need help asap

i have 2 sea doos and both of them have the same problem. when the plugs are in it wont turn over but when u take the plugs out it turns over a little. is the starter gone? they are a 95 and 96 xp

Quote Originally Posted by Pusateri View Post
    i have 2 sea doos and both of them have the same problem. when the plugs are in it wont turn over but when u take the plugs out it turns over a little. is the starter gone? they are a 95 and 96 xp

Check your batteries and cables first. It's where you should always start if you have slow cranking issues IMO. If you have serviceable batteries check the fluid levels, add distilled water to cells that are low, Charge at no more than 2amps for the day, get a hydrometer and check the cells. You can check the ground cable by using a jumper cable. Attach one end to the battery and the other to the engine block. Make sure you get a good bite with the clamp ie. bust through the paint a little.

the batteries are fine. we have used multiple batteries and booster packs and nothing. the batteries are fine

flyin' the friendly skies airbornexp's Avatar
    +1
    +1 you may have some corrosion in the cables. replace and see if that fixes your problems

"Tearing it up on the water" seadoobutch787's Avatar
    The location of the grounds on the 95xp and 96xp is on the front starter bolt, if you have had water in the hull at some time they do corroide real easy. I would take them off and use a wire wheel or some sand paper to get the copper to shine again. Try that, if that doesn't work it's time to replace those brushes in those starters which is cheaper than buying a new one. My money is on the brushes being worn out and if they are worn they don't make a great connection with the armature and that results in what your experiencing. I have replaced many starter brushes, just make sure you clean them real good with contact cleaner.

Thread Information