03 Honda Aquatrax F-12x troubles In NL

Hi, I am new to watercraft and new to this forum.Bought a used 03 F12-x (25 hrs) this summer and now have 60 hours and its no longer working.It went from not starting one day in the water to running poorly and back to not starting again.When it did start a couple of days ago it seemed to be missing badly with no power at all (no backfires). Today I worked at it for several hours checking everything I could think of and still no go. Could a bad WGS cause the engine to not start? I removed it and cleaned the inside and it does appear a bit rusty with slight crack in the round metal disk.I ordered a new one today from honda east toledo. I am not getting any codes other than battery light after about 5 seconds of cranking in which I stop. Gas is flowing. Air Filter is clean.Plugs are brand new. Fresh Synthetic oil ,correct level.I am getting spark. Removed plugs and visually inspected top of cylinders with a flash light and they move properly when starter is pushed and other than a bit sooty on top, appear fine. Turbo wheel spins freely on air intake side. Did the 30 minutes can save you thousands inspection.Air Hoses appear fine although I can blow thru the one going to the WGS with engine off. The waste gate actuator moves smoothly when I push on it and its well lubricated. Checked fuses in fuse box, all are good there. Checked connections to most all sensors and they apear ok. No dealer where I live and nearest one 4 hours away is not interested in servicing because its an american model and I live in NL Canada. They say the parts are different.Hard to believe but true. They are a "powerhouse" seller. In any case, I am determined to get it fixed before the snow flies! Your ideas are much appreciated. thks

HELP Needed

my 03 F12-x (60 hrs) went from not starting to running poorly and back to not starting again.When it did start a couple of days ago it seemed to be missing badly with no power at all. Today I worked at it for several hours checking everything I could think of and still no go. Could a bad WGS cause the engine to not start? I removed it and cleaned the inside and it does appear a bit rusty with slight crack in the round metal disk.I ordered a new one today from honda east toledo. I am not getting any codes other than battery light after about 5 seconds of cranking in which I stop. Gas is flowing. Air Filter is clean.Plugs are brand new. I am getting spark. Removed plugs and visually inspected top of cylinders with a flash light and they move properly when starter is pushed and other than a bit sooty on top, appear fine. Turbo wheel spins freely on air intake side. Did the 30 minutes can save you thousands inspection.Air Hoses appear fine although I can blow thru the one going to the WGS with engine off. The waste gate actuator moves smoothly when I push on it and its well lubricated. Checked fuses in fuse box, all are good there. Checked connections to most all sensors and they apear ok. No dealer where I live and nearest one 4 hours away is not interested in servicing because its an american model and I live in Canada. They say the parts are different.Hard to believe but true. They are a "powerhouse" seller. In any case, I am determined to get it fixed before the snow flies! As always,your ideas are appreciated

S.O.S

UPDATE: Help still needed:
    Still unable to start the 03 Aquatrax f-12x after trying many different suggestions. I put the machine in the shop yesterday although its not a Honda Powerhouse (we have none where I live) but the mechanic/tech seems to have a good knowledge of 4 stroke turbos. Talking to him today he said the compression is good on all cylinders(145 PSI), gas flow is good and spark is good. Upon trying to start the f12x it doesnt make an offer or even attempt to start. He said he pulled the codes, (visual method) and got 03,04,05,06, and 09 which was odd he said. He said he was unable to reset the ecm using the jumper method for some reason.He also removed plugs and its obvious that the machine is flooding badly. He blew out the pistons with plugs out and squirted 2 cycle gas oil mixture into cylinders and reinstalled plugs and engine made an offer and tryed to start. So, my question is, what is the correct Fuel pressure on the f12x supposed to be? What sensors to the ecm could cause the engine to get to much fuel and not start? He is still working at it. Its very unlikely that the fuel is contaminated but I will try that scenerio next. Would a faulty ecm cause the engine to flood and not fire up? What else should I check to find a solution to this very frustrating problem? Thanks for your help!

Did you ever get this fixed? What was the problem. My '03 is acting IDENTICALLY to what you are describing, but it still does start and run REALLY rough. Would help a TON to find out what yours ended up being.

AWA MEMBER
    +1
    Change your spark plugs......if that does not help check your compression

Thread Information