Unhappy yamaha waverunner 2004 help!!!

Is it possible that my pwc works with pulser coil unpluged,i have very good spark even if it is disconected but my pwc wont go over 32 mph even with engine that is completely overhauled!
    Any ideas?
    Thanks

+1
    what kind of waverunner do you have most use a stator to charge the battery and a magnetic pickup and CDI to fire the coils and would not run with the pickup unpluged.

Quote Originally Posted by mudslanger View Post
    what kind of waverunner do you have most use a stator to charge the battery and a magnetic pickup and CDI to fire the coils and would not run with the pickup unpluged.
    I have Yamaha XL700 2004
    i removed pulser coil and it is still working and it is the same thing if it is connected.
    Is it possible that my cdi unit is in failure? I am afraid even if i buy a new pulser coil and cdi unit it wont change a thing.
    Please help!!!

+1
    the 700 has a lighting coil a charging coil and the pulser coil you may be unplugin the wrong coil it will not run with the pulser coil unplugged. i would check the wiring for loose ground and crossed wires. also check the thermo switch. make sure you dont have any warning lights coming on in the display.

Quote Originally Posted by mudslanger View Post
    the 700 has a lighting coil a charging coil and the pulser coil you may be unplugin the wrong coil it will not run with the pulser coil unplugged. i would check the wiring for loose ground and crossed wires. also check the thermo switch. make sure you dont have any warning lights coming on in the display.
    I checked it out today, the pulser coil is the smallest one and it is removed from the engine but the engine is still working i dont know what to do next? I also checked resistance of charging coil it is good around 600 ohms. How is possible that the engine is working without this coil?

check out your RPM not your MPH!!It wont run without pulser coil and how are you seeing that it doesnt have one unless you remove engine front cover,pull flywheel etc??better check your rpm with a tach either handheld or buy a cheap AM one.I'm betting your impeller is probably worn bad and not pushing ski if its only 32mph with good engine,even on its best days a 94 WR3 wont run over 40mph its hull design .Check out first rpm while running,then if its 6600RPM or better check your pump!!!>Marvin

Thread Information