Thread: Radiator fluid

Radiator fluid

Has anyone changed over to an aftermarket coolant. I've been considering going with ice blue. Have used it in street bike engines and it does keep temps down. Just wondering if there is any other environment safe coolants that anyone has tried trying to get engine temps down

Quote Originally Posted by macgyver View Post
    Has anyone changed over to an aftermarket coolant. I've been considering going with ice blue. Have used it in street bike engines and it does keep temps down. Just wondering if there is any other environment safe coolants that anyone has tried trying to get engine temps down
    Sorry meant blue ice

Quote Originally Posted by macgyver View Post
    Ok third time is a charm. Engine ice. Wow and it's only Tuesday

+1
    I use the coolant from here BND automotive change every 5 years or 150,000 miles works wonderful! I dont have all the engine heat fade like others do because of this coolant! Expensive but hey you get what you pay for! I use all Brain's products in everything I own!

+1
    I also use regular car coolant,no problem!

Banned User
    +1
    When I was testing heat exchangers 2 years ago, I used fresh stuff every time I changed units (atleast 6 total)...I used whatever I found on sale at Menards or Autozone. Prestone to Peak to high $$ stuff...and I never saw any difference. You also have to remembr that stuff made for cars will react different in watercraft because we have a constant supply of water at a constant temp. Unlike autos who's tempurature exchange and approach changes with both air temp and speed of the vehicle...

So IMO, as long as you get all the air out of the system so there are no pockets, you'll be fine with a standard 50/50 mix...Especially if you do a HX setup.

Work Harder, Millions on Wellfare Depend On Us! ultramaxracing05's Avatar
    +1
    run normal antifreeze, 50/50 dont run the aftermarket water additives, they will mess up your pump seals and wont lubricate as good as antifreeze.

I run a mix of about 30antifreeze / 70water the reason cause its hot as hell where I ride.

And a tip, when you add water to your coolant, use distilled water, not tap water, there is just too much chlorine in tap water and as you know chlorine/clorox is very corrosive.

Thread Information