+1

Fuel rail bolt issue

Hey guys, went to change out my injectors today with the bosch 48#.
    Having done all the hard work with the s/c impeller and what not, i was looking forward to the easy task of changing the injectors. turned out not to be the case. Whilst the rear injector rail bolt came out no problem, the front one was just free spinning.
    After a fair amount of stuffing around, i lost my patience, grabbed a set of vice grips, stood over the ski and twisted and reefed the bloody thing til it popped out.
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_0410.jpg 
Views:	73 
Size:	61.3 KB 
ID:	221193

Not too sure why this happened, i guess it wasnt secured properly from the factory. Any advice as to what i should use to hold it tight in place? For now i have just tapped it back into place with the new injectors fitted..

Cheers

+1

Smile

Quote Originally Posted by monaroman76 View Post
    Hey guys, went to change out my injectors today with the bosch 48#.
    Having done all the hard work with the s/c impeller and what not, i was looking forward to the easy task of changing the injectors. turned out not to be the case. Whilst the rear injector rail bolt came out no problem, the front one was just free spinning.
    After a fair amount of stuffing around, i lost my patience, grabbed a set of vice grips, stood over the ski and twisted and reefed the bloody thing til it popped out.
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_0410.jpg 
Views:	73 
Size:	61.3 KB 
ID:	221193

Not too sure why this happened, i guess it wasnt secured properly from the factory. Any advice as to what i should use to hold it tight in place? For now i have just tapped it back into place with the new injectors fitted..

Cheers
    Exactly the same thing happened to my T-X. I managed to get the insert of the bolt and then using a junior hacksaw blade, made 2 or 3 small vertical cuts inside the hole that the insert goes into. I then used a two part epoxy glue (araldite i think) and coated the insert and the hole. Fitted the insert back into the hole and allowed the glue to set up overnight. Worked a dream and ive removed the rail and the injectors several times since. Hope this helps you.

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by heckie View Post
    Exactly the same thing happened to my T-X. I managed to get the insert of the bolt and then using a junior hacksaw blade, made 2 or 3 small vertical cuts inside the hole that the insert goes into. I then used a two part epoxy glue (araldite i think) and coated the insert and the hole. Fitted the insert back into the hole and allowed the glue to set up overnight. Worked a dream and ive removed the rail and the injectors several times since. Hope this helps you.
    That does help, thankyou. Must have been a common factory defect with the 08's. Do you think the araldite would still hold without the vertical cuts?
    Anyone else have this problem?

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by monaroman76 View Post
    That does help, thankyou. Must have been a common factory defect with the 08's. Do you think the araldite would still hold without the vertical cuts?
    Anyone else have this problem?
    It might do. I just make the cuts to make sure it would. You could also roughen up the outside of the insert aswell, just to give the araldite something to get into...it will give it something to hold onto.

+1
    dont forget to use some never seize on the threads next time you install.
    and dont overtighten!!

Thread Information