Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Boyesen reeds question...

Ok, as most of you know, I have about maxed out mods on my 96 sl780. And I was gonna, and may still get the boyesen dual stage reeds that zigler has for sale, but looking on boyesen's website, it says for stock/limited engines... and I have a modified engine now an I plan on cylinder porting, all that good stuff eventually. So, I should probably go with there racing pro series reeds huh? I know, I SHOULD go with their rad valves, but they are even more expensive then the v-force delta 3's! But I'm sure they are awesome, someday maybe!

But, I was thinking... ok, my stock 780 reed cages are I'm sure in good condition, I fairly certain that the pedals are degraded... but I can re-use my stock spacers, and stuffers, and cages, and just order a set of boysen racing pro series reeds direct from them (those are a full set right, all cylinders): http://shop.boyesen.com/catalog/prod...oducts_id=1734
    ... correct?

First off, would I want the racing series (for my modified engine, plus they are cheaper), or the regular pros (says for stock/limited and they are more expensive )...

Ph2ocraft, I hate to leave zigler hanging, but I don't think in the long run his reeds are going to benefit my modified, soon to be heavily modified engine... I see that you were wanting them too, also zmann, hopefully somebody will come through for him, I feel just aweful since I've already kinda made a verbal commitment ... but I'm sure one of you guys will snag them right up

I look forward to you guy's imput before I make a purchase! Too many info on snowmobiles etc.. not enough on PWC applications on the net!

Jared

One thought! They don't make v-force 3 for Fuji's only 2's and you would never know that by their website or even talking to tech! but I went thru the nightmare a month ago! luckily this forum helped me set it straight! Z

cheatin' piston popper addicted's Avatar
    +1
    I have used both. There really isn't much difference on the top end if any. You would need the V force for that. The boyesen's just added some crispness to the throttle response.

i dont know how the carbon techs are on the fuji engine but i know they made a very knowticeable diff of ym domestic do some research on them also

Speaking about reeds...that was something I was looking at and have a question. I got a 650 engine that I'll be adding 780 jugs and the manifold to. Is there any difference between the stock 650, 750 and 780 reed valves? I ask because I was thinking about getting the boyseen pedals for the stock cages. Any suggestions?

Quote Originally Posted by BigDaddyPT View Post
    Speaking about reeds...that was something I was looking at and have a question. I got a 650 engine that I'll be adding 780 jugs and the manifold to. Is there any difference between the stock 650, 750 and 780 reed valves? I ask because I was thinking about getting the boyseen pedals for the stock cages. Any suggestions?
    no difference's but you'll want to buy Zigs reed spacer kit that was stock on the 780 to help keep the reeds happy! Z

cool...thanks...made me think of another question. With the double threateaded bolts for the reed cages (also for the cylinders,heads, etc.)...how do you remove them (non broken ones)...

For example. If I got Zig's kit. How would I take the old bolts out and put in the new ones?

Ride Mohave To Havasu. Live In Los Angeles.
    There is a tool for it but you can just use vise grips.

cool...I was hoping to hear that. Got a link for the tool out of curiosity?

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by BigDaddyPT View Post
    cool...I was hoping to hear that. Got a link for the tool out of curiosity?
    Sears has them it is called a stud remover

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information