1997 GS, No Antifreeze

I'm a new Seadoo owner and just finished winterizing (or so I thought). I have a Yamaha that doesn't require anti-freeze, but now I'm seeing that Seadoo recommends using it for their PWCs. All I did was tip back the trailer, run it several times until no more water came out. Will that get me through this winter?

I really don't want to rewinterize it all again since it's been fogged. Thoughts?

Every adventure comes to an end........ Not Today! wreckingball's Avatar
    +1
    Personally, I don't think using antifreeze to flush your motor is going to be worth the hassle. What I mean by that is, where is all that going to go when your flushing it out? It'll make a mess.

Do you keep your skis indoors or outside in the weather? If you keep them outside where things can freeze, I would assume that SeaDoo makes the recomendation so that any water still in the block does not freeze and split your motor when it expands into ice.

If your skis are kept in a non freezing climate or garage, I wouldn't worry about it.

Just my thoughts, I live in San Diego (I escaped from Alaska for warmer weather!).

Quote Originally Posted by mrwillya View Post
    I'm a new Seadoo owner and just finished winterizing (or so I thought). I have a Yamaha that doesn't require anti-freeze, but now I'm seeing that Seadoo recommends using it for their PWCs. All I did was tip back the trailer, run it several times until no more water came out. Will that get me through this winter?

I really don't want to rewinterize it all again since it's been fogged. Thoughts?

You can add with out running the engine. I would imagine Iowa gets pretty cold so unless you store them in a garage where it's warm. Then I would do it. Propylene glycol based antifreeze only. Not ethylene glycol. Manual describes the procedure to fill the block. What's a little more hassle worth for that piece of mind?

flyin' the friendly skies airbornexp's Avatar
    +1
    RV antifreeze is what you want to use. the orange stuff. heres how you winterize a Doo 2 smoke... first look down from the back of the hull there should be a clear line that goes out the exhaust. take that, fold it and zip tie it in a pinch. its a line that comes off the side of the jugs and exits by the exhaust tip.next, take off the water OUT line and stick a funnel in the hose. fill with anti freeze till it comes out the pump where the water comes into the head. then you are winterized.

Thread Information