Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast
    +1

Twin Prop VS. 160MM

Hi, I am a closed course racer and looking for the best holeshot possible. I was either thinking about the twin prop which I now nothing about pitch or the 160mm which I know how to repitch. I have a Stage II and looking for some pump setups which would be best bang for my buck. Any suggestions ?????????

+1
    oh and btw its an FZR.

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by Waterholics View Post
    oh and btw its an FZR.
    Dont know about C/C racing , but for top speed , I went backwards with 160mm.

+1
    Hi, I am a closed course racer and looking for the best holeshot possible. I was either thinking about the twin prop which I now nothing about pitch or the 160mm which I know how to repitch. I have a Stage II and looking for some pump setups which would be best bang for my buck. Any suggestions ?????????
    i tried the 160mm liner and prop with a c3 wheel/ r2 ecu this past summer. lost 500 rpms and several mph off the top. was dissapointed.
    i think the only guys who have had good luck with the 160mm are running a motec with a c5/e1 wheel.
    i would try the tbm cone then add a twin prop if needed. or go with a 155mm skat pump 8 vein.

Twins versus 160... Twins win on holeshot and accelleration. Big.. Much harder holeshot and midrange from 20-80 is much stronger..
    Twins will be down 2-3 mph on top but difference in accelleration is definitely there.

If you guys went to 160 and lost speed then you didnt spend enough time repitching and changing nozzle diameters to best fit your app.. Scott went 87.7 with the 160 at the hydros with a drag setup on his FZR, and had a great holeshot also. And just happened to runner up also! Congrats again Scott..

Every app is different, you must spend the time to fine tune it all. Buy your own pitch gauge, and learn how to re-pitch your own impellers, its not really that hard, and you will be able to tweak your impeller and nozzle combo to near perfection.
    It takes time..Nothing works perfect straight out of the box.

Even with an E1 wheel and a re-flash you should benefit from a 160 or twin setup.
    Anyone in the market for a twin prop see Jims Performance. He has one for sale in the classifieds for cheap...

+1

I would go with a TBM pump cone/stuffer and add pitch to your impeller if needed.

Every app is different, you must spend the time to fine tune it all. Buy your own pitch gauge, and learn how to re-pitch your own impellers, its not really that hard, and you will be able to tweak your impeller and nozzle combo to near perfection.
    It takes time..Nothing works perfect straight out of the box
    were do i buy prop gauge.for seado prop.

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by rossnemo View Post
    If you guys went to 160 and lost speed then you didnt spend enough time repitching and changing nozzle diameters to best fit your app.. Scott went 87.7 with the 160 at the hydros with a drag setup on his FZR, and had a great holeshot also. And just happened to runner up also! Congrats again Scott..
    I agree! 160mm has been the best/fastest setup for me so far.
    I'm running a 13/23 160 mm, 86mm nozzle with 91mm steering nozzle

+1
    Just my 2 cents but for closed course..put your money in the Skat pump, there is nothing to compare whether you are in the pumpwash of the ski in front of you, the Skat is made for racing. It has the quickest recovery from exit/enter from a wave. You can have 2 identical boats on a closed course..the only difference between the 2 is one has a Skat..the Skat will win the bouy course everytime.

Every race ski should run a Skat IMO, they work.

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by Green Hulk View Post
    I would go with a TBM pump cone/stuffer and add pitch to your impeller if needed.
    Will this work with twin prop ????

Quote Originally Posted by Green Hulk View Post
    I agree! 160mm has been the best/fastest setup for me so far.
    I'm running a 13/23 160 mm, 86mm nozzle with 91mm steering nozzle
    When repitching in your case when you want the best setup for top speed runs do you loose out on the wholeshot.

Quote Originally Posted by Pistonwash View Post
    Just my 2 cents but for closed course..put your money in the Skat pump, there is nothing to compare whether you are in the pumpwash of the ski in front of you, the Skat is made for racing. It has the quickest recovery from exit/enter from a wave. You can have 2 identical boats on a closed course..the only difference between the 2 is one has a Skat..the Skat will win the bouy course everytime.

Every race ski should run a Skat IMO, they work.
    Are you talking about the whole pump itself or the impeller. Cause at this point in time I don't think I'll be able to afford a skat pump.

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread Information