Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast
    +1

Am goint put NOS any sugestion?

please let me know anythig that i need to know before i make a mistake if you already know is better lol..I know what i need. but you guy probably know more lol..

+1
    I wouldnt unless your just doing drag racing. When your not using NOS youll have way to much prop. as for tuning i have no idea.

+1
    I think that if you are not racing, you could use it as a 'tiny tiny tiny spool up kit'. Thats really what it is used for with forced induction applications this small. Get you to top speed ASAP. If you are not careful, you will blow the intake through the hull.

both are good points. if you prop it for top speed running, it'll kill you rpm's when not using nitrous. i've run into that problem when tuning CVT transmissions on ATV's. the idea is to get them to hold peak HP rpm through the entire shift out range. if you add power, such as nitrous, the shift out increases from the increased HP and could put it well over the rev limit. so when tuned for with nitrous, when not using nitrous, it'll be a dog. i am also working with a guy that has a turbo on his SXS that's running about 18-19 psi. the weights in the primary clutch are so heavy that it is a dog off the line, but once the turbo spools up, it's a rocket. the problem with that is by the time it gets in the boost range, the other guys, even the N/A guys, have already jumped ahead, and passing in 2-4' of mud can be rather difficult. i'm working to get a progressive nitrous setup with a low rpm start and programmable higher rpm cut off. the idea is to use the nitrous to get it off the line faster than the other SXS's, then have it cut off once the turbo makes enough boost. you'll need a good controller to do that well, and i would HIGHLY advise using a lean cut off switch. you'd be crazy not to.

+1
    I'm no expert on nos systems but you might be able to design a staged nitrous system with the right intake, three to four sets of nozzles per runner. Each stage would progressively increase the charge. You would prob need to design a stage controller that is rpm based. Controlling fuel pressure would be another issue as each stage introduced would lean the AFR, thus the need for a staged fuel pressure regulator with multible fuel solenoids. It would have to designed as to not allow a pressure drop (not even for a split second) between stages. With a good aluminum intake such as currently being tested in another thread would be ideal. The NOS nozzles could be tapped right into the runners on an angle just before the ports on the head, slightly into the air stream. This would make for a progressive boost design to reduce cavitation out of the hole but would be expensive and take lots of time to design and test. Controlling the fuel would be my main concern, I have seen this type fuel regulator system on Pro-Street class race cars and I know of only one guy that has perfected the system. These guys blow through 4 and 5 stages of NOS before the 60' mark.

Remember, i'm no expert just throwing out food for thought!!

good point on the fuel. a separate fuel pump and supply line from the tank would be required to ensure enough fuel delivery.

i was looking into this controller for my buddy's SXS as well as my ATV when i finally install the NX wet kit on it:

http://www.dynotunenitrous.com/store...?idproduct=216

check around on that site, they've got some cool nitrous related items without getting into the really expensive controllers.

first prepared you wallet and them you can used nossssssssssssssssssssss

+1

Nos

This is what i have in mine ( I have a 9200 rpm I will need a 16/24 prop and a windowswitch that mean tha the RPM will turn on at 5000 and turn off at 8900 rpm that way will give me good aceleration my big problem or ? is how many hp is 100rpm for me to know how mush NOS to trow.... Yes i only will be usind this In the drags...

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by fast1197r View Post
    first prepared you wallet and them you can used nossssssssssssssssssssss
    lol..yes I know but if you tune you ski good i think is not a big problem...

+1

NOS

Dose any body know hou mush NOS was Julio was doing . I saw 3 run and hi had tu get a diffrent botter thas like 75 to 100 shot dont you think?

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread Information