Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast

2010 RXT-X rebuild

As some of you know, I purchased a 2010 RXT-x a couple of weeks ago that hydrolocked and bent a rod. Since water sat in the one cylinder, it needed a .010 bore. I did not want mix-matched size pistons, so had them all bored and installed .010 Riva pistons. Not really planning on modding the ski, but could make a good base motor for someone to do so in the future. Also had the head decked and a valve job done, as the one cylinder had crust on the valve seats. Just waiting on the new bolts, gaskets, and bearings for final assembly.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_3441 (Large).JPG 
Views:	147 
Size:	111.0 KB 
ID:	221464   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_3447 (Large).JPG 
Views:	132 
Size:	82.3 KB 
ID:	221463  

Was also bored today, so I polished the intercooler. Also, this part pictured was in the box of parts when I picked the ski up, as it was disassebled. What is it? I do not think it goes to this ski.

Name:	IMG_3455 (Large).JPG 
Views:	211 
Size:	80.8 KB 
ID:	221465   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_3470 (Large).JPG 
Views:	138 
Size:	112.4 KB 
ID:	221466  

is that the stock intercooler? if so how did you polish it to get it that way, i would love to do that to mines. thanks Cris

oh sorry dont mean to highjack.

Banned User
    +1
    Hmmmm, I wonder if that part is off the VTS unit?

Looks familiar....

Damnnnnnnnnnnnn I love shiney metals!

I just used a buffing wheel and some compound. I looked through the parts diagrams and could not find that part. The entire pump assembly is still intact on the ski.

Got a few more things accomplished over the last couple of weeks while waiting on parts for the engine.
    - Began to make bulkhead with insulated board similar to the Riva kit for when I make a cold air kit. Not perfect but it will work. May continue to improve it as time goes on. Did have to drill out the rivets that hold the vent tube mounts so I Could slide it back in one piece.
    - Took an old valve cover and painted it orange to match the ski, as the old intake system in not being used.
    - bought a low profile bilge pump, only 2 1/8 inches high with a built in electronic float switch. I am going to see if it fits in the low point of the V directly under the engine. If not, will probably go toward the rear of the ski.
    - Polished the water box. Probably a waste of time, but it looks good at the moment.
    - Installed a brass shut off valve. Also took an old formed hose from an old ski and mounted it to the intercooler inlet at the bottom of the ski so I will not have to use a 90 degree fitting on the strainer.

Name:	IMG_3486 (Small).JPG 
Views:	103 
Size:	56.5 KB 
ID:	223096   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_3485 (Small).JPG 
Views:	113 
Size:	55.4 KB 
ID:	223097   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_3489 (Small).JPG 
Views:	155 
Size:	47.5 KB 
ID:	223098   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_3488 (Small).JPG 
Views:	104 
Size:	51.6 KB 
ID:	223099   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_3487 (Large).JPG 
Views:	142 
Size:	112.2 KB 
ID:	223100  

+1
    wow, LOOKS great.

wow nice work!

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by 8 is enough View Post
    Got a few more things accomplished over the last couple of weeks while waiting on parts for the engine.
    - Began to make bulkhead with insulated board similar to the Riva kit for when I make a cold air kit. Not perfect but it will work. May continue to improve it as time goes on. Did have to drill out the rivets that hold the vent tube mounts so I Could slide it back in one piece.
    - Took an old valve cover and painted it orange to match the ski, as the old intake system in not being used.
    - bought a low profile bilge pump, only 2 1/8 inches high with a built in electronic float switch. I am going to see if it fits in the low point of the V directly under the engine. If not, will probably go toward the rear of the ski.
    - Polished the water box. Probably a waste of time, but it looks good at the moment.
    - Installed a brass shut off valve. Also took an old formed hose from an old ski and mounted it to the intercooler inlet at the bottom of the ski so I will not have to use a 90 degree fitting on the strainer.
    Looks Great! I have the same ski. Please continue to send Pics as you complete the ski. Nice Job!

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread Information