1999 Polaris Genesis Carborated question on winterazation.

Hello,
    I have a question on winterazation on my genesis it states the unit is self draining and there is no need to add antifreeze I don't want to end up with a cracked block so if there is a procedure could you please share it with me. Thank you...

Click avatar for tech links/info, donation request K447's Avatar
    +1
    Lots of prior threads discussing winterization and winterizing

Search should find them for you.

Tip the nose up high to ensure drainage, and burp the throttle a couple of times to clear out the exhaust water box. That is basically it, no freeze issue once the cooling system has self drained.

There is more to winterizing than just water draining. The fuel needs to be stabilized, and the engine fogged.

Thank You

I did read all the threads I just wanted to double check I did everything else... Thanks alot for everything since I got all the issues worked out over the summer what a diffrence the machine has made. I am going to repair the bottom over the winter from the scrapes from the previous owner but other than that all seems well. I am going to research what type of resin to use and I will be good. Thnx again...

Quote Originally Posted by K-9 View Post
    I did read all the threads I just wanted to double check I did everything else... Thanks alot for everything since I got all the issues worked out over the summer what a diffrence the machine has made. I am going to repair the bottom over the winter from the scrapes from the previous owner but other than that all seems well. I am going to research what type of resin to use and I will be good. Thnx again...
    If you are just repairing the gel coat use polyester resin. You can get kits with the color pigments also to match your hull. Just be sure not to add to much pigment as it will not cure correctly. I had a kit that came with hard plastic sheet that you lay over the uncured repair until it gets hard to give it a smooth surface to start with when you go to sand it out. Gel coat is very soft so dont be too aggressive with the sandpaper and always use a small block of wood and not your fingers behind the sandpaper to get an even surface. I have found that 1400 grit sand paper wet does good at taking it down flat. Stop just shy of where you want it and finsh it off with 2000 grit wet. It wil be easy to polish out with a 2000 grit finish on it. Cheers.

Thread Information