Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 ... LastLast

+1

Gpr not getting fuel from sending unit, new lines installed

I just got the ski and changed all the fuel lines and rebuilt the carbs, i decided to use the dual fuel line setup, i got two new fuel filters from riva, and all new blue fuel line, whe i first got everything back together, i simply pumped the primer a few times and the ski started right up, ran great on the hose, but bogged really bad and would only run 40 mph!!! So i pulled the carbs again and tried different setting on high and lows, went to water and the ski was worse than before,!! So i took the pipe and carbs off again and installed a set of t-handles to ease adjusting!! Got it all set up and installed all the fuel lines and throttle line, now im not getting any fuel from the sending unit!! No gas is flowing to the carbs!!! Do i have to mount the fuel filters in original location?? I have seen some just laying on the tank.. Any input is appreciated as i have hurt my hand on this ski many times this week and im dying to see some positve results!!! I have one nail thats black and blue, had to stick a needle under nail to drain it, i whacked it like three times today finishing up the ski, now i just need to figure out why its not getting gas!!! I bet i got the fuel lines wrong at the sending unit any one have a clear diagram it

+1
    I like to pressurize/prime the system by removing the return line and attach a short hose at the carb and run it into a bucket then blow compressed air into the return line to the tank till good flow is observed in the bucket. It does not take much pressure like 10 psi max.

+1

Ok, i reversed the lines and got it to start, but still not flowing right

Do the fuel filter have to be rasied up, and mounted to the bracket???? I left the stock small filters in the carbs instead of drilling them out and doing an inline restrictor, could this be the cause???

+1
    check obvious stuff first... fuel selector clogged? Sending unit flapper door removed?

+1
    i removed the trap door on bottom of fuel pickup and bought fuel clunks, the gas should flow from the tank freely without the start button being pressed, correct?????? right now i have to press the start button to get the gas flowing at all!!! im gonna try more today to solve this headache!!!

+1
    How did the ski run before you built the carbs, did you just get the ski from someone else. i was just wandering about the compression and cat. deerdart has a good way to get fuel to the carbs and it will tell you if you have a bad seal on the fuel cap or a bad check valve on top of the tank. like wfo said check the obvious.

Quote Originally Posted by waverider1200 View Post
    i removed the trap door on bottom of fuel pickup and bought fuel clunks, the gas should flow from the tank freely without the start button being pressed, correct?????? right now i have to press the start button to get the gas flowing at all!!! im gonna try more today to solve this headache!!!
    Fuel isn't going to flow without the engine cranking/running (unless you pressurize it like beerdart says). The fuel pumps are driven by the engine's pulses. Also, did you extend the non-reserve line to the bottom of the tank? If you're running clunks, they need to be laying on the bottom of the tank. Also, a bad seal at the fuel cap isn't going to affect fuel flow to the engine. The fuel tank is not pressurized by the engine to pump fuel to the carbs.

+1
    so what your saying is that the ski would run better with no pressure at all in the fuel tank. if thats the case im going to remove the check valve on my tank. just curious

+1
    blow through return line and you should get a steadyflow of fuel to main line . that supplys fuel to carbs. having a totaly sealed tank is a must.the check valve holds app 8 pounds of tank pressure . this is important if it is not holding pressure you are lean .pull off check valve you should only be able to blow one way.it will build pressure like all gas will sealed.it is feeding fuel to carbs. mud slanger sarcasim is angers ugly cousin unless as stated the fuel control valve is cloged you should only have to blow pressure with your mouth

+1
    well you know ! what can you say HA. HA.

Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread Information