Thread: Rxp or r12-X

Rxp or r12-X

Hey, I'm a newbie to the jetskiing world and am interested in buying either a 05 rxp or a 04 r12-x. The rxp has had it's washers changed so that's one positive for it. But before I purchase a ski I figured it would be the best idea to make a thread and get some advice from other enthusiasts. I have ridden heavier 3 seater skis before and have been told I would enjoy the handling and respone of these 2. Hence the interest. However I havent ridden either of these 2. Just wondering which is better on fuel economy/ servicing costs and other deciding factors. I am interested in doing all sorts of riding from wave jumping to just cruising up the glassy rivers. Also I know it's illegal to tow from these skis but was Just wondering which is better for that. Any advice would be greatly apprecriated
    Cheers lachie

+1
    Both are great machines. If you plan on having a need for more speed and want to mod the RXP is the only choice.

+1
    In acceleration a Stage II R12X will be within a ski or two from Stage 2.75 RXP until top end overpasses the R12X. We have both skis. The RXP handles and rides so much better. The honda is quiet, low maintenance, goes forever on gas. Good luck trying to empty a tank in a day. Plus with cheap mods the mid range pull is really strong.

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by Speed_Freak_039A View Post
    In acceleration a Stage II R12X will be within a ski or two from Stage 2.75 RXP until top end overpasses the R12X. We have both skis. The RXP handles and rides so much better. The honda is quiet, low maintenance, goes forever on gas. Good luck trying to empty a tank in a day. Plus with cheap mods the mid range pull is really strong.
    Who makes mod kits for the R-12x or any Honda for that matter? I've never seen one

+1
    Dont waste your time with the guys saying they got a 95mph honda and all kind of fantasy claims. There are a couple groups out there. If you want some real mods that actually work check out the macsboost stuff. PWCtoday. com has tons of info. Proven results. GPS'd results. Not dreams. I have his stuff. Here is a link:

http://macsboost.com/honda-performan...9d27f199977bb0

He even has ECUs for the 15x models

I have the stage II minus the macsboost module. I had the module, then later sold it. The problem is when u raise the boost, yeah it goes up, but as soon as boost goes up the computer senses it and pulls it down. So you only feel it for a second. Find alphajim and his alpha boost kit on pwctoday. Its under $200 if i remember right. It consists of like 2 pressure regulators, 2 guages, and hoses and stuff i think. Been awhile. Its on my ski now.

With this kit you set the 1 regulator to 11psi for the computer to see. Then the other one goes back by the wastegate. You set that to whereever you want up to 17 on 92 octane fuel. Boost will fly up to 17 and stay there till WOT. Hits hard. fully adjustable.

You want the intercooler, the wedge, air filter, breather filter, prop, and the alpha kit. Screw the macsboost module. But alot of people have it and like it. I just wanted more power and fully adjustable. Runs 65mph all day. But the acceleration is crazy hard.

Banned User
    If you want something you can mod and play with then get the RXP if you want something just for gas and reliablity not a bunch of mods get the Honda

Thread Information