Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

+1

Question T B M Pump Cone Converson Kit ?

Does anyone have any up to date test results on the TBM pump cone conversion kit? These have been out for a while and I have seen very little feed back on how they work so far. Tommy Jordan

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by 2fast4u View Post
    Does anyone have any up to date test results on the TBM pump cone conversion kit? These have been out for a while and I have seen very little feed back on how they work so far. Tommy Jordan
    Great out of the hole , lost 2MPH top end.
    Last edited by RichieFZR; 11-22-2010 at 10:01 PM. Reason: g

+1
    Tommy I wish I had more time to do some back to back testing but I am very happy with mine. I still had a little cavitation out of the hole with the 160 and cone and as far as top speed I think 87.7 with the 160 was not bad for as little time as we spend on getting the prop right check with Ron I am not sure if he did any back to back testing but if I end up with another FZ I will add the cone to it also, I would like to put one one a stage 1 FZ and see how it performs

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by shhr View Post
    Tommy I wish I had more time to do some back to back testing but I am very happy with mine. I still had a little cavitation out of the hole with the 160 and cone and as far as top speed I think 87.7 with the 160 was not bad for as little time as we spend on getting the prop right check with Ron I am not sure if he did any back to back testing but if I end up with another FZ I will add the cone to it also, I would like to put one one a stage 1 FZ and see how it performs
    87.7 with a 160mm . Good speeds! Is the motor stock or built? I went from 86MPH to 83.2 with 160mm + TBM pump cone.

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by RichieFZR View Post
    87.7 with a 160mm . Good speeds! Is the motor stock or built? I went from 86MPH to 83.2 with 160mm + TBM pump cone.
    Richie what were your rpm's at the 86mph and what were they with the 83.2mph? Were both test done with the same 160 mm prop?

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by 2fast4u View Post
    Richie what were your rpm's at the 86mph and what were they with the 83.2mph? Were both test done with the same 160 mm prop?
    No , one test was with the 155mm other with 160mm . 160mm went slower 15/23 prop. I'll have to pull the data off my Motec to get the rpm's when I go back to yamaha. But I'm now back to 155mm 13/25 , trust me , if it went faster I would have kept it in for my top speed....

+1

Thumbs up

No , one test was with the 155mm other with 160mm . 160mm went slower 15/23 prop. I'll have to pull the data off my Motec to get the rpm's when I go back to yamaha. But I'm now back to 155mm 13/25 , trust me , if it went faster I would have kept it in for my top speed....
    IMO this was not a very good test for the TBM pump cone since the prop along with the size dia. of the prop was change too. The only way to test a new part is change only one thing at a time. For good test info the rpm's and speed need to be recorded and then the TBM cone kit installed using the same prop and that prop re pitched if needed to match the same rpms that were on the original base line test, It takes me a lot of time to test a new idea or part but one thing I know is the results are correct. Some times good and some times not so good! Tommy Jordan

+1
    That is not a test. That is just guessing. Test it in a 155mm pump, with and without the pump cone, and measure your RPM each time. I bet you get COMPLETELY different results.

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by hitman View Post
    That is not a test. That is just guessing. Test it in a 155mm pump, with and without the pump cone, and measure your RPM each time. I bet you get COMPLETELY different results.
    i said before the hole shot was good from a 155mm but lost MPH top end. 160mm + + went slower. I stick with what makes me faster top end, as i'm chasing top end speed. SORRY if its not up to your testing standards, as yamaha are working on my ski to make top MPH and top MPH is MY goal.

+1
    Hey Richie,

At least you offered the info. And for that I thank you if no-one else will.

And people wonder why no-one bothers to put up their discoveries, regardless of how small they are.

Dean

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread Information