Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Racing my ski

Racing my ski

Hey guys I did not know where to post this but I am maybe looking at racing my rxpx in the stock class at the 2011 APBA in Myrtle Beach SC. I have never raced before what are some starter steps to do first? Also do I need to join anything? But here is my big problem this past summer I got a ticket for careless and reckless in the ICW at Topsail Island NC with 3 other buddies. We got a letter from the lawyer sayin we are not allowed to ride on the waters of NC till Aug 2011. Does any one know these new laws? Do I even need my boaters license to race? Can we go to another state and ride?

+1
    I am sorry but I have got to know what did you do that they will not allow you on the waterways for a year? How are they doing this? Do y'all have to have an operstor's permit that they pulled or are you just not allowed to be in control of a vessel on the waterways. I am a licensed captain and while I can see this from the commercial side of things but the only way I can see on a recreational side is if you are required to have a permit or license issued by your state and it has been revoked.

Yes we have to have a license in NC BUT I still have my card so IDK how they look it up I did not take the test thru wildlife. And me and 3 buddies were spraying each other and the officer thought we could have killed someone

we cant be on any body of water in NC

+1
    Unreal. That completely sucks. I am sorry to get off topic but I just really got curious. Thanks and gool luck with all this.

Yes it sucks cause I have a brand new 08 X in my boat house. I am hoping someone chimes in on knowing about the laws.

Racing under apba or ijsba is typically permitted in any given lake for a closed course event. With that being said, law enforcement will not typically come into the permit zone and enforce law. (to an extent). This is why racers can run without some coast guard required equipment such as flairs or sounding devices. Look into any sanctioned racing by apba and ijsba. You've got a great stock boat to get into the sport. Just don't be a jack ass at the races, it is getting harder to find solid racing venues. A few knuckle heads at the race site can ruin it for everyone.

Ok thats what I thought thanks for the help man.

+1
    You will need to join the APBA in order to race. You can do it for a 1 year membership or they might let you do a 1 weekend for that race. It doenst matter if you have had any kind of tickets, they dont look into that stuff. Just bring your self a tote of somekind to get your ski down to the beach and some kind of a heavy duty ATV to otw your ski with..That sand is soft and that ski is heavy.. You will need a helmet and a life jacket, you may want to get a set of leg guards, especially if its big surf....

Welcome to the best thing you can do on your ski and see you there!!!

I am ready if any of yall know a guy named Steve Quate I will be with him.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread Information