Need Information on 02 GTX DI

Hello GH Family,

If there is anyone out there with an 02 gtx di, If you could look at the Magneto, there are two hoses going into it " a black hose and a clear water hose" I need to know how they are gonnected to the magneto. There is a top and bottom connection, let me know which hose goes into the top and which goes into the battom. The manual shows the hose goes to the magneto, but it does not tell where each is connected on the magneto.

Thanks for the help....

What I am currently experiencing, is my ski will run fine if not in the water, but once in the water, it bogs down and die.....

Background...
    The top end was just recently rebuilt, and this is the first time water testing after putting back together.

+1
    black hose goes on the bottom, clear hose on top..

out of water, do you have a hose hooked to it or just no water, no load?

Runs on and off the hose, pisses on the hose, but as soon as you put some load on it at the lake, it bogs down and die, pull out the water, and it fires up and idle.

+1
    when its on the hose, does it show any signs of bogging? what about when you took it out of the water and fired it up?

There is no bogging on the hose, I can rev, and then let sit and it idles between 1430 to 1450. When I took it to the lake, while still on the trailer, fired it up, it bogs right away.

Start with a new set of Spark Plugs. If the old one's are dark sooty black then your Injectors may be in need of cleaning.
    Also, when was the Fuel Filter Canister last changed ? Should be changed every 100 hours but I have seen them clog and cause irregular running problems with a few as 60 hours on the DI depending on Fuel quality used. Load (on engine) does make a difference in what unit will run fine on the trailer---then run terrible or not at all in the water.

By the way--Here's a plumbing diagram for the water hoses (to the Magneto)---- That Magneto connection is just a surface Heat Exchanger-- water doesn't actually goes into the Magneto housing at all.

http://fiche.worldofpowersports.com/...pe=13&A=94&B=8

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by David_HX_RXP View Post
    Start with a new set of Spark Plugs. If the old one's are dark sooty black then your Injectors may be in need of cleaning.
    Also, when was the Fuel Filter Canister last changed ? Should be changed every 100 hours but I have seen them clog and cause irregular running problems with a few as 60 hours on the DI depending on Fuel quality used. Load (on engine) does make a difference in what unit will run fine on the trailer---then run terrible or not at all in the water.

By the way--Here's a plumbing diagram for the water hoses (to the Magneto)---- That Magneto connection is just a surface Heat Exchanger-- water doesn't actually goes into the Magneto housing at all.

http://fiche.worldofpowersports.com/...pe=13&A=94&B=8

not to mention if the pump is started to lose pressure as well.

How can the pump loose pressure? what would I look for, physical problems?

Quote Originally Posted by Tament View Post
    How can the pump loose pressure? what would I look for, physical problems?
    You would have to have a Sea-Doo in-line Fuel Supply test gauge installed to test Fuel Pressure.
    It's considered a 'Sea-Doo special tool'-- you can take it to a dealer to have the test done or buy the Test Gauge--Fuel Line
    set-up yourself. The part numbers for all Sea-Doo special tools are in the front of the Shop Manual.

There are also two fuel strainer (socks) in the tank that can restrict fuel volume. One is contained with in the module and can not be purchased unless you buy the assembly the other on the outside of the module can be replaced. Yet, as mentioned before the main filter should be checked first.

As far as the special gauge being "required" to test fuel pressure I think that it would be possible to build a rig of your own as long as it can handle the higher pressure and you incorporate a way to safely bleed off the pressure. The filter on my DI is held on with hose clamps and it seems to me a place where one could "T" into the pressure side of the system. Just make sure to have lots of rags and wear glasses to be safe. You are dealing with pressure in excess of 100psi.

Thread Information