Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Fuel Cell

+1

Fuel Cell

Has anyone produced an Auxilary Fuel Cell for the ultra yet? Has anyone built one yourself that you can share your design and install information?

Yep, Steve Friebe has had one custome built for the ultra. Fits right inside the front storage. Its strapped down very well. Mad out of aluminum. We've used this tank for a year in offshore racing. He may have a few left over, as he only had a small batch made up for us. I can PM you his number if you like. He's also a member here. Friebe…..I'd have to look for pics of the setup, I know I have some somewhere's. Oh, its about 5-6 gallons if I can recall.

lee manvell at the mod shop also has a long range set up with plastic fuel tank up the front
    [email protected]
    let him know brad dawson sent you

+1
    Thanks Brad

http://www.flickr.com/photos/3119210...7620965122742/

The aux tank is plumbed into the vent line, it is in essence a 7.8 gallon vent hose.
    As fuel is used in the main tank it sucks the fuel from the aux tank into the main tank.

If you fill up both tanks and use 7.8 gallons of fuel your main tank will still be full and the aux tank empty.

the line from the bottom of the aux tank goes to the barbed vent fitting on top of the fuel pump module and the hose you removed from that fitting goes to the top fitting on the aux tank.

As far as the straps go, you put the tank into position and mark all 8 positions with a marker, remove the tank and drill through the white liner with a 3/4 inch hole saw, remove the tank, fish the straps through the holes and then put the tank in and secure.

+1
    we did one for a guy up here and used an OEM plastic tank out of an early 90's seadoo xp. something like an extra 8 gallons or so IIRC and it mounted below the storage bucket with all the lower front storage plastic removed and the battery relocated.

+1
    Thank y'all Great information guys I really appreciate it. I like how easy this tank can be removed and reinstalled. Low in the hull and gives up a good safety cushion for our range.

Chris, When is your new one due in. I am ready to see what it is all about. This is why I am so interested in the tank. I am a little curious/nervous how this thing will be on fuel. I just want to be sure I can get to the next fuel stop. I am sure there will be an ultra 300 at the MH300 so I guess that will tell us their range.

+1
    Hi

Would anyone know if any of these fuel cells would fit in a 300x?

regards,

OZFXSHO

+1
    you can fit 2 20lt jerrys in the front under the bucket, the black ones i use with two yellow caps actually hold 25ltrs each. 80lt+50lt=lots of fuel, especially if you then strap three more on the rear deck to answer your question from the pics i have seen the liner is a little different shape to the 250-260.

Quote Originally Posted by OZFXSHO View Post
    Hi

Would anyone know if any of these fuel cells would fit in a 300x?

regards,

OZFXSHO

I have had one custom made for the PWCOFFSHORE.COM 300X - it is in production and will be installed Saturday - approx 8-10 gallons extra. I will take pictures and include in the review. (i saw the PWCOFFSHORE flickr account pics on this thread of the ones we produced for the 250X... that one worked well also).

BTW - the bottom section in the front storage bin is different therefore the mold is a little different on what was made for the 300X vs the 250X tank

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information