Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Sea Doo RXT-X tunnel hull failure

OK I have read alot of posts on the tunnell failure and a few on how to fix it. Mine broke in June it is now at dealer trying to push through on warranty. My insurance paid once to fix it and it lasted 20 minutes. They then found these posts and told me it is a manufacturer warranty issue. If anyone has had Sea Doo fix there hull under warranty please E-mail me @ [email protected] If we can get people together that had there machines fixed under warranty I would be happy to be the go between with new people with this issue and forward them inforamtion that would show dealers Sea doo does fix this.

+1
    Your issue is with the guy that did the repair. No reason in the world it would fail again if done correctly.

Well yes and no. Dealer told me I hit something. Fiberglass guy did not know to do a hull reinforcement. He ground out the outside and matted both in and out around cracked area. When it failed second time it blew out closer to pump area near shoe. My feeling is that it is a SEA DOO problem. I will not fix it again unless Sea Doo is paying. My long time with dealing with companys is that the louder you yell the more they pay attention.

+1
    Sorry to hear about your ski. Mine failed and was repaired by my dealer. Your right it is a Seadoo problem, and you can yell all you want but you may be screwed because you did not let your dealer repair it the first time.
    And as far as Seadoo paying attention just search clutch washer failure.

Banned User
    +1
    The problem is the guy that did the repairs did not fill in the void in the VTS box, with Epoxy. That is where the weak area is. Seadoo knows about the problem, and they have a solution/fix for the problem. Your fiberglass guy should have contacted Seadoo for instructions on how to fix this.
    My dealer covered mine under warranty. The guy that did the work, had never done one before, but contacted Seadoo(per dealers instructions), and they told him how to fix it.
    Got about 60 hours on the fix, and no problems at all. The thin spider cracks are still in the gel coat, but that really didn't need to be repaired. It was just indicative of the flexing going on in the pump tunnel, and once properly re-enforced, will never be an issue.

The dealer actually said it was my problem until I was back at there door after second failure with alot of information to back up Sea Doos issue. So far my washers havent been an issue but as soon as this is fixed its gonna get sold.

PLease send me the guys name that contacted Sea Doo. I am trying to track down a paper trail to post for all to see where somone at Sea doo admits to the problem and supplys a tech sheet on how to fix this. Our calls to sea doo after second failure were never returned.

Banned User
    +1
    I have no clue. My dealer(Walt's Motorsports-Lake Havasu, AZ) handled everything. I just dropped the ski off, told them what the problem was, and picked it up two weeks later, fixed.

+1
    Can you purchase a reinforcemant skin be it carbon firber or firber glass like you can for the yamaha??
    is this only a problem on X boats???
    one of my mates is purchasing a 08Rxpx dont want his pump tunnel to be a problem prefer to reinforce it before it happens...

+1
    Its a 08 -09 RXT-X issue only.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information