Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 20
  1. #1

    Yamaha SHO stage 2

    hi what impeller are you using with Riva stage 2 kit? i'm using skat-trak 13/24 and cavitation is very bad only getting 69,5 mph on the limiter all the time ,the air 45 and mosture 0% ,this ski had stage 1 before and was runnig 71mph,the rpm with stage 2 is 7600.What impeller could is use to get the power to the water?

    thank´s


  2. #2
    Kristian Keppel Waterholics's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Trinidad & Tobago
    Posts
    1,405
    +1
    38
    Quote Originally Posted by kawifan View Post
    hi what impeller are you using with Riva stage 2 kit? i'm using skat-trak 13/24 and cavitation is very bad only getting 69,5 mph on the limiter all the time ,the air 45 and mosture 0% ,this ski had stage 1 before and was runnig 71mph,the rpm with stage 2 is 7600.What impeller could is use to get the power to the water?

    thank´s
    I have a stage 2 on my fzr with the same prop but with the ride plate and intake grate and I only get 73 mph for the most. The RIVA stage 2 seems to be a complete waste of time IMO. I know people are going to say that we need to tune it more but jeez it's supposed to be right around the area in terms of speed and from the reviews I've heard so far I've never heard an FZR with a stage 2 doing more than 75 mph. I need to get a tach on mine and tweak my prop but I highly fought I'll get better acceleration and 5mph on top speed just by tweaking my prop.

  3. #3
    Banned User
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Posts
    1,329
    +1
    152
    Quote Originally Posted by Waterholics View Post
    I have a stage 2 on my fzr with the same prop but with the ride plate and intake grate and I only get 73 mph for the most. The RIVA stage 2 seems to be a complete waste of time IMO. I know people are going to say that we need to tune it more but jeez it's supposed to be right around the area in terms of speed and from the reviews I've heard so far I've never heard an FZR with a stage 2 doing more than 75 mph. I need to get a tach on mine and tweak my prop but I highly fought I'll get better acceleration and 5mph on top speed just by tweaking my prop.
    With a supercharged engine it might be possible as hp goes up with rpm

  4. #4
    Quote Originally Posted by Waterholics View Post
    I have a stage 2 on my fzr with the same prop but with the ride plate and intake grate and I only get 73 mph for the most. The RIVA stage 2 seems to be a complete waste of time IMO. I know people are going to say that we need to tune it more but jeez it's supposed to be right around the area in terms of speed and from the reviews I've heard so far I've never heard an FZR with a stage 2 doing more than 75 mph. I need to get a tach on mine and tweak my prop but I highly fought I'll get better acceleration and 5mph on top speed just by tweaking my prop.
    are you cavitating ?

  5. #5
    Kristian Keppel Waterholics's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Trinidad & Tobago
    Posts
    1,405
    +1
    38
    Yes I cavitate very badly. I hit the limiter about 4-5 times even when using proper wholeshot techniques. But on top speed I never seem to be hitting the limiter though.

  6. #6
    shhr's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Location
    Springfield,TN
    Posts
    2,546
    +1
    311
    With a supercharged engine it might be possible as hp goes up with rpm
    +1

    guys the first thing you should have when modding is a good tach then a boost gauge there is no way you can read the stock tach and 200 RPM makes a lot of difference with a SC motor

  7. #7

    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    VA Beach
    Posts
    25
    Guys I have the riva stage II fully installed with the riva reduction nozzle. I have a 13/23 skat in right now. I'm at a loss myself. Running 7600 RPM w/81mm ring installed getting 69mph. Jerry mentioned the TBM pump cone to help my set up. It my helps yours. Good Luck.

  8. #8
    philip_gpr's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Location
    Canada
    Posts
    2,724
    +1
    3
    as suggested already you have to have a get a good aftermarket tach

    you all could be on the rev limiter and not even know it, thats the thing, without a good tach you can't tell

  9. #9
    This is my place of Zenn smohammed's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    Trinidad & Tobago / Broward FL
    Posts
    264
    +1
    1
    Quote Originally Posted by Waterholics View Post
    I have a stage 2 on my fzr with the same prop but with the ride plate and intake grate and I only get 73 mph for the most. The RIVA stage 2 seems to be a complete waste of time IMO. I know people are going to say that we need to tune it more but jeez it's supposed to be right around the area in terms of speed and from the reviews I've heard so far I've never heard an FZR with a stage 2 doing more than 75 mph. I need to get a tach on mine and tweak my prop but I highly fought I'll get better acceleration and 5mph on top speed just by tweaking my prop.

    mm besides the prop you guys are still sounding like your restricted.. did u both do the intake manifold upgrade??

  10. #10
    Quote Originally Posted by smohammed View Post
    mm besides the prop you guys are still sounding like your restricted.. did u both do the intake manifold upgrade??
    yes ,but i hit the limiter right away ,don´t think restricted

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Similar Threads

  1. 2008 Yamaha SHO - 20 Hours - Riva Stage 1 - Chicago Area
    By dochere195 in forum Yamaha Classifieds
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 11-04-2008, 01:01 PM
  2. Yamaha SHO
    By wafarmer in forum Yamaha PWC Performance (4-stroke)
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 02-17-2008, 06:14 PM
  3. Have Seen the X Series (RXP-X, RXT-T) and Yamaha SHO
    By mirzar1 in forum 4-Tec Performance
    Replies: 22
    Last Post: 01-01-2008, 12:32 AM
  4. O.K. Jerry, where's the Yamaha (SHO) write up!?
    By VOODOO in forum Yamaha PWC Performance (4-stroke)
    Replies: 13
    Last Post: 08-27-2007, 08:49 PM
  5. O.K. Jerry, where's the Yamaha (SHO) write up!?
    By VOODOO in forum Yamaha PWC Performance (2-stroke)
    Replies: 13
    Last Post: 08-27-2007, 08:49 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •