Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Yamaha SHO stage 2

hi what impeller are you using with Riva stage 2 kit? i'm using skat-trak 13/24 and cavitation is very bad only getting 69,5 mph on the limiter all the time ,the air 45 and mosture 0% ,this ski had stage 1 before and was runnig 71mph,the rpm with stage 2 is 7600.What impeller could is use to get the power to the water?

thank´s

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by kawifan View Post
    hi what impeller are you using with Riva stage 2 kit? i'm using skat-trak 13/24 and cavitation is very bad only getting 69,5 mph on the limiter all the time ,the air 45 and mosture 0% ,this ski had stage 1 before and was runnig 71mph,the rpm with stage 2 is 7600.What impeller could is use to get the power to the water?

thank´s
    I have a stage 2 on my fzr with the same prop but with the ride plate and intake grate and I only get 73 mph for the most. The RIVA stage 2 seems to be a complete waste of time IMO. I know people are going to say that we need to tune it more but jeez it's supposed to be right around the area in terms of speed and from the reviews I've heard so far I've never heard an FZR with a stage 2 doing more than 75 mph. I need to get a tach on mine and tweak my prop but I highly fought I'll get better acceleration and 5mph on top speed just by tweaking my prop.

Banned User
    +1
    Quote Originally Posted by Waterholics View Post
    I have a stage 2 on my fzr with the same prop but with the ride plate and intake grate and I only get 73 mph for the most. The RIVA stage 2 seems to be a complete waste of time IMO. I know people are going to say that we need to tune it more but jeez it's supposed to be right around the area in terms of speed and from the reviews I've heard so far I've never heard an FZR with a stage 2 doing more than 75 mph. I need to get a tach on mine and tweak my prop but I highly fought I'll get better acceleration and 5mph on top speed just by tweaking my prop.
    With a supercharged engine it might be possible as hp goes up with rpm

are you cavitating ?

+1
    Yes I cavitate very badly. I hit the limiter about 4-5 times even when using proper wholeshot techniques. But on top speed I never seem to be hitting the limiter though.

+1
    With a supercharged engine it might be possible as hp goes up with rpm
    +1

guys the first thing you should have when modding is a good tach then a boost gauge there is no way you can read the stock tach and 200 RPM makes a lot of difference with a SC motor

Guys I have the riva stage II fully installed with the riva reduction nozzle. I have a 13/23 skat in right now. I'm at a loss myself. Running 7600 RPM w/81mm ring installed getting 69mph. Jerry mentioned the TBM pump cone to help my set up. It my helps yours. Good Luck.

+1
    as suggested already you have to have a get a good aftermarket tach

you all could be on the rev limiter and not even know it, thats the thing, without a good tach you can't tell

This is my place of Zenn smohammed's Avatar
    +1

mm besides the prop you guys are still sounding like your restricted.. did u both do the intake manifold upgrade??

Quote Originally Posted by smohammed View Post
    mm besides the prop you guys are still sounding like your restricted.. did u both do the intake manifold upgrade??
    yes ,but i hit the limiter right away ,don´t think restricted

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information