+1

Upgrading Valve Train - Advice Needed

For a winter project, I am upgrading the head. On the 06 RXP I want to swap out springs, valves, retainers etc... I am running a stage 1 and will be adding also this winter an X-Charger, 42's, 4" front intake, RRPFR, Reduction Nozzle (I want to tune to the 83mm as advised by SnoMan and go smaller when temp drops) Adding 15/20R as well. Any advice on what to go with would be appreciated.

+1
    Unless you plan on using a race ECU with higher RPM limiter there is no need to touch the head. For now you would be better off spending the money on other mods.

Your 06 probably has the later spec valves fitted and you would not be exchanging them to lighter ones unless you was running 8800+

No need for the RRFPR if you are still running the internall IC if your going to add a external IC then you need the RRFPR and the 42s, I would want 70psi @ 8100 with the X charger but it would be best to check AFR on your particular setup.

Good idea to tune with the 83 and drop down as your revs come up with the cooler temps.

If you are set on doing the head then you will not go far wrong with a complete Riva/Ferrah spring/retainer kit and a full set of the new spec Ferrah valves but that is a hell of allot of money to spend on mods that wil do nothing for you, in fact you could actually lose a small amount of power as when you fit the new springs ect ect the valvetrain becomes harder to turn due to the higher spring pressures.

There is no need to run lightened valves unless you want to run above 8650, there are alot of people running above that now with just the riva valvetrain but I personaly wouldnt run above 8650 with the riva kit alone.

Les Cooke has some retainers that have been run to 8800 with stock springs but again this is ok, but for how long??? The riva kit is well proven and there is allot of them fitted in some very fast boats now. R88

+1
    Wow. Thanks. I plan on getting the fizzle intercooler Jerry just got in. For only 465.... It's half of what the RIVA one is. That's why I went with the RRPFR. I had a spare one laying around that I had for the car. Works pretty well. Of course the 42s came in with the x charger. Slowly piecing this together then work will begin this winter. Thanks for your input.

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by MSRXP View Post
    Wow. Thanks. I plan on getting the fizzle intercooler Jerry just got in. For only 465.... It's half of what the RIVA one is. That's why I went with the RRPFR. I had a spare one laying around that I had for the car. Works pretty well. Of course the 42s came in with the x charger. Slowly piecing this together then work will begin this winter. Thanks for your input.
    Yeh if your gona run a external IC you need the RRFPR, I would set the base to 60 then watch the fuel pressure you will need 70psi at full boost to be safe with the x charger, as I said before tho it would best to get a AF gauge so that you can tune properly.

I have run that exact setup on my RXP and its really good, high 70s will be possible in good water.

If it were me doing it all over tho I would run the X charger on the stock IC and 42 injectors, that is what I have in my RXP now it runs soo nice, its reliable, no RRFPR to worry about and it hits soooo much harder then the stock SCer used to. Infact it accels better then it did with the external IC fitted.

Then when you have the money go straight to the ECU with the valvetrain and external IC you can run a X charger on the riva ECU without a RRFPR, that will be low 80s and perfectly reliable. R88

Thread Information