Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 ... LastLast
    +1

First ride with Riva XX

Hey guys, not sure if any of youse have been following my posts, but on my first outing i had a problem with a bailer tube coming off. Having now sorted that i went out on the ski again this morning.
    I was riding in some pretty heavy chop, so was definately not able to do any speed runs, or hold WOT for long at all really. However i can safely say that the acceleration is greatly improved over stock!! Very hard to keep the grin off my face
    There were a few moments that the ski felt like it bogged down, not sure if it was just coming unhooked through the chop or not...

Im going up to the river next weekend so should be able to get a few good top speed runs in, im thinking 80 will be pushing it, but definately hoping for high 70's

Couldnt be happier with the upgrades, Thanks to Jerry for the advice and delivering the parts nice and quickly !!

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by monaroman76 View Post
    Hey guys, not sure if any of youse have been following my posts, but on my first outing i had a problem with a bailer tube coming off. Having now sorted that i went out on the ski again this morning.
    I was riding in some pretty heavy chop, so was definately not able to do any speed runs, or hold WOT for long at all really. However i can safely say that the acceleration is greatly improved over stock!! Very hard to keep the grin off my face
    There were a few moments that the ski felt like it bogged down, not sure if it was just coming unhooked through the chop or not...

Im going up to the river next weekend so should be able to get a few good top speed runs in, im thinking 80 will be pushing it, but definately hoping for high 70's

Couldnt be happier with the upgrades, Thanks to Jerry for the advice and delivering the parts nice and quickly !!
    Do you have a boost gauge?? Be careful about that bog if you feel it WOT on smooth water. Your Clutch could be slipping.

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by Ocman View Post
    Do you have a boost gauge?? Be careful about that bog if you feel it WOT on smooth water. Your Clutch could be slipping.
    Or running out of fuel pump, or you are dangerously lean.

Banned User
    +1
    if you do have a boost gague what kind of boost are you really seeing doesnt say in your sig you have the riva ecu so whats the boost like at 8100? your one of the first reporting back on that new charger that I'VE seen

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by jp1300r View Post
    Or running out of fuel pump, or you are dangerously lean.
    +1

+1
    No, at this moment I don't have a boost gauge, nor have I been able to turn 8100 rpms. If I were dangerously lean and/or running out of fuel, wouldn't it be consistent?? I only noticed it a couple of times. Will see how it goes on calm water. But I suppose it would be wise to monitor the AFR..

+1
    The few times that I did get to go WOT on smooth water (in the marina) it felt fine. I Will get an lc1 and put it in as soon as possible. But for the time being I will pull the plugs and take a look. I shall upload some pics later.
    Cheers

+1
    How do you like that charger? Boost numbers?? Haven't really heard much about the XX

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by monaroman76 View Post
    The few times that I did get to go WOT on smooth water (in the marina) it felt fine. I Will get an lc1 and put it in as soon as possible. But for the time being I will pull the plugs and take a look. I shall upload some pics later.
    Cheers
    Get your LC1 on the ski ASAP. What ECU are you running? Do you have a RRFPR installed? Do you have a fuel pressure gauge on the ski? That SCer puts out like a Mini-Rude and is very close to a 2RUDE. Enough boost to damage a engine quickly when the AFRs are not right.

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by jp1300r View Post
    Get your LC1 on the ski ASAP. What ECU are you running? Do you have a RRFPR installed? Do you have a fuel pressure gauge on the ski? That SCer puts out like a Mini-Rude and is very close to a 2RUDE. Enough boost to damage a engine quickly when the AFRs are not right.
    Stock ecu, no RRFPR. I was advised by Jerry that with warmer temps I should be okay with just the 48's.

Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread Information