Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Rich 4 stroke

+1

Rich 4 stroke

I have a 2005 gprxp (hull is a 2000 gpr). The ski has 65 hours on it. Anytime I start it in smokes and runs rich. You can smell the raw fuel coming out of the exhaust. Heres whats done to the motor: 42 lb injectors, green wheel charger, 4 inch air intake, riva thermostat 158 (I think), heat exchanger and XS intercooler. During the summer time the temp on the gauge reads 87 and now it reads 83 during the cooler weather. Water temp is 62*. When riding you can smell the raw fuel from behind, had a friend behind me to tell. Plugs are black as well. Any ideas? Everything else is stock.
    SHOOTER

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by shooter98xpl View Post
    I have a 2005 gprxp (hull is a 2000 gpr). The ski has 65 hours on it. Anytime I start it in smokes and runs rich. You can smell the raw fuel coming out of the exhaust. Heres whats done to the motor: 42 lb injectors, green wheel charger, 4 inch air intake, riva thermostat 158 (I think), heat exchanger and XS intercooler. During the summer time the temp on the gauge reads 87 and now it reads 83 during the cooler weather. Water temp is 62*. When riding you can smell the raw fuel from behind, had a friend behind me to tell. Plugs are black as well. Any ideas? Everything else is stock.
    SHOOTER
    No RRFPR I assume, arent those injectors a bit big for a green wheel?

+1
    Hows your compression?

+1
    My guess would also be that since you are running an aftermarket thermostat and it has gotten cooler, the ecu will increase the fuel to warm up the motor.

I would also suggest an rrfpr and an afr gauge to be completely certain where you are running.

+1
    I was told no need for a RRFPR with a greenwheel and 42s with external intercooler. I've been wanting to install a FPR and know where to drill on the exhaust manifold, something I plan on doing over the winter.
    So probably I would be better off with the stock water thermostat on the ski then over the riva?
    I would assume (yeah I know) that compression is good as the ski turns 8100 rpms without skipping a beat and hits 81 mph right now with the prop I got in it. Gets there in about 11 seconds, so I'd assume (yeah I know) that compression is good on it. I'll check tomorrow.
    SHOOTER

+1
    I am seriously considering going with open loop setup on my ski over the closed loop. Is there any performance gains from doing so? I heard with open loop that you won't have to worry about busting a head gasket.

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by shooter98xpl View Post
    I am seriously considering going with open loop setup on my ski over the closed loop. Is there any performance gains from doing so? I heard with open loop that you won't have to worry about busting a head gasket.
    Blowing head gaskets is much more common with open loop.

+1
    You are way rich your set-up should be good as is. Something is not right maybe a leaking injector.

+1
    Was it doing this in the hotter months or it just started in the cold?

+1
    Really BD? I heard from a buddy of mine that it was due to closed loop. Hmmmm.
    It was doing this during the summer and winter. Even when I get out of the water. Plus you can see where the exhaust comes out of the hull its black. Worse than it use to be with a 2 stroke in it.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information