Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: GoPro HD Hero

+1

Question GoPro HD Hero

Have any of you used this video camera. I am looking for one to mount on my 1200r and was wandering how good do they work and how they mount. they have a suction mount do they hold good. ive seen a lot of video and was wandering what a lot of those guys are using. they seem to be pretty reasonable priced there are some cheap ones out there tho. they look like regular video cameras just water proof. they have several of the gopro video camera just wandering which one to use thanks for any input.

+1
    for HD quality videos from the go pro visit the video section (sticky) in 4 stroke section,from what ive read the suction cup is great and hold up even wave jumping,
    i have looked into these with a buddy and it seems the motorsport pack is the one to get with all the fixings you will ever need and if bought seperate will cost a bundle more than the box price

below is link to videos
    http://www.greenhulk.net/forums/show...os-here-thread.

+1
    had the Go Pro ....the 3M sticky base mount still on after 3 yrs and waterproof case work great...didn't have the HD version though...decided to go with quality name camera(Canon) with a zoom lens...GH member Surfrider has a waterproof mounting camera that shoots beautiful quality film..give him a pm...

+1
    Thanks for the link, lots of great videos on there.

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by jetdave56 View Post
    had the Go Pro ....the 3M sticky base mount still on after 3 yrs and waterproof case work great...didn't have the HD version though...decided to go with quality name camera(Canon) with a zoom lens...GH member Surfrider has a waterproof mounting camera that shoots beautiful quality film..give him a pm...
    was just wandering did you have the waterproof case with the canon camera inside or just the canon camera on the mount. i was looking at the sanyo PVC-WH1YL high definition camcorder. i didnt know there was that many out there. the gopro looks better for a light weight video camera.

I use the GoPro HD and it works great. Takes great video and the new HD holds up to 32gb SD card with firmware update. Waterproof case works great, but you may want to use something to "stuff" the camera as I did (folded up a dollar bill) just so it doesnt move around and provides a nice water-tight seal.

I have it mounted with the 3M tape backed mount and holds real nice, but I added in a small, short machine screw through the mount for added support, but not necessary.

Definitely get the HD model as I had the standard-def Go cam and that sucked. Video and sound was not good at all. I mean it worked fine, but HD version is worth the extra $$, especially if you want to record and palyback in high-def. HD camera records all the way up to 1080p (there are 5 modes from 480 - 1080). Come with kit to hook up to hi-def TV and better battery, etc.

Note the 1080P range of vision is shortened from like 120 degrees to 110 degrees, something like that. Anyway, I dont have the exact specs in front of me, but if you visit GOPro's website it should give you the details there.

Enjoy the camera if you get it. I have so far. I can give you links to see video if you are interested. Just PM me.

Quote Originally Posted by mudslanger View Post
    was just wandering did you have the waterproof case with the canon camera inside or just the canon camera on the mount. i was looking at the sanyo PVC-WH1YL high definition camcorder. i didnt know there was that many out there. the gopro looks better for a light weight video camera.

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by mudslanger View Post
    ck out this vid from Surfrider...

no...my Canon is used to shoot from land or docks...

+1
    I use the go pro hd wide with the case and suction cup to mount on the ski. I also tether it would 100lbs test fishing line. I never had it fall off the ski or when u have it mounted on my helmet when I ride motocross. The video quality is unreal and I would recommend it to anyone.

If you go to youtube type in raiderx72 I have videos of motocross and jet sking with the go pro hd.

+1
    Cool video Dave, did the editing software come with the camera or is that something you have to buy.

+1
    Checked out the videos, what i saw was pretty cool the helmet video was nice. im going to have to checkout the rest later tho. this internet is pretty slow wright now. I talked to the GOPRO rep. they said i would need a 16.1 gig card. can you get them at any camera supply store like best buy.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information