First time builder in need of some advise with a RXT....

Hello to all viewers. I am very new to the racing sport and I have been glued to this website for two months now. Some times I love the site and some times it drives me nuts!
    I own a PWC repair business and am very busy with B/S repairs in the summer. I'm going to have the next few months free do what ever I want. I came across a 2006 RXT thats locked up. customer didn't want to spend the money to fix so I broght her home. I have not tore down the engine yet but after the the holidays i'm hoping to get started.

Like I said be for I am to busy in the summer time to do anything but work. however there is one race a year that i'm going to do. Its a one mile drag. the water can be choppy very choppy at times.

Now I've got the RXT which I think will do the job for the ruff water and distance allowed.

Now i have been going back and fourth on SuperCharger vs Turbo

Here is what i'm working with

I do what to have the ski ready for next summer

I don't want to sink all my saving into a ski I ride once a year

I think I have some options considering I have a MILE to get my top speed

What do you all think?

Turbo or SuperChager, ECU?, Impellers, ECT...

I don't want to rebuild the engine till I know what road I'm going to take (turbo vrs S/C)

Thanks for the advise. All I want to do is have FUN!

My advised to you since I owned both supercharged and turbocharged skis is go with the Supercharger route if your racing is going to be mostly in choppy conditions and prolong distances. Turbocharged skis are good for flat drag 1/4 mile because the ski is always hooked to the water thus building constant boost without lag, once that skis starts bouncing your boost goes down dramatically and turbo lag kicks in not to mention the constant release boost pressure of the blow off valve opening everytime you jump. With that said the Supercharger application is more efficient and quicker to recover in choppy conditions and does not create that much heat that comes with the turbo. That is just my humble opinion...

I agree, and so will my bank account. When I got to rebuild the engine is there and beefed up parts to install. I really want to keep the internals stock. Whats the best S/C system out there for my app.

+1
    Personally I would go with a supercharger for your setup aswell. It's less money you will be spending too. To start off I'd go with a 2rude and a les cooke ecu reflash with the Riva driverrain. That should get the ski running pretty nice.

Quote Originally Posted by andreasenracing View Post
    I agree, and so will my bank account. When I got to rebuild the engine is there and beefed up parts to install. I really want to keep the internals stock. Whats the best S/C system out there for my app.
    Stock internals will be good but I will always beefed up the piston rings, they tend to go quick in high boost applications. Also I will raise the compression to 9.1 to get that heavy hull moving at low speeds quicker. Take off as much weight off the hull as you can and the RUDE2 AND ET137 will work real good with a high comp set-up....

+1
    Riva 9.5 pistons, 2Rude, Les Cooke re-map tailored to your setup 9000 RPM limiter, Riva valvetrain, Ferrah light valves, Port the head.

08 Riva water Box. Riva ride plate.

You may need to run larger injectors then what the ECU is mapped for as Les's ECUs tend to run lean but they make good power. Prob use a RRFPR to help get the fueling good across the rev range.

Then as above get a light hood, light seat or at least rear seat. Strip any other wieght you can out of it.

You will need to run a good intercooler to make sure the AITs stay inline with the higher comp, Then a good intake If your not going to be doing any sill buisiness with it and its all just straight line drag racing then you can run a rear air intake, if you get a light rear seat you can get the filter right up inside it to make sure it gets nice cool air all of time.

That will make a good setup, be very quick if its setup right and should be reliable too. R88

Thread Information