Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

2000 millenium edition gtx, fi. runs for an hour and then dies!

got a gtx 2000 ME, it start right up runs great and then it shuts down like flooding. will not start, after you let it sit for at least an hour it will start again and do the whole thing again! Iam clue less where should i start

flyin' the friendly skies airbornexp's Avatar
    +1
    when was the last time that you rebuilt the carbs? sounds like a fuel issue. if thats not it then Id start looking at the ground and replace it. after that, if its still doing it Id look at replacing the mpem.

+1

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by Alex3012red View Post
    got a gtx 2000 ME, it start right up runs great and then it shuts down like flooding. will not start, after you let it sit for at least an hour it will start again and do the whole thing again! Iam clue less where should i start
    Do you have a 787 RFI, 951 DI or the carberated 951?

In the title to your thread you put FI. At least your problem is there for an hour or so before it restarts gives you time to check things out with the no start condition in place.

I would start with the basics. Check spark, fuel pressure,compression, injector pulse from mpem, check all of your connectors and grounds. etc...

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by RumRunnerRon View Post
    In the title to your thread you put FI. At least your problem is there for an hour or so before it restarts gives you time to check things out with the no start condition in place.

I would start with the basics. Check spark, fuel pressure,compression, injector pulse from mpem, check all of your connectors and grounds. etc...
    So you are thinking 787 RFI or is your money on the 951 DI? I am thinking 787 RFI and I am going to go 1 step further and GUESS something to do with the intake setup. Lets see what he finds and what machine he has?

Quote Originally Posted by jim View Post
    So you are thinking 787 RFI or is your money on the 951 DI? I am thinking 787 RFI and I am going to go 1 step further and GUESS something to do with the intake setup. Lets see what he finds and what machine he has?

Well it's a 50/50 guess on what machine it is lol! Although I have not seen very many 2000 DI's. Either way with fuel inj I believe it's always a wise idea to go through the motions and check your basics first. Especially since it dies. By doing so you can eliminate a lot of things it's not and go from there but, yes it will be interesting to see what he comes up with.

it's the 787 fuel injected motor.thanks for all the replys. Didn't have a chance this weekend (out of town). i will do the basic to the engine spark plugs,filters, check comp and go from there. will post asap so you guys can give me your input. thanks again

+1
    That would be a 800 RFI.

After an hour if running fine--- then dies,, my guess would be the Rectifier is bad and you are running off the Battery until the voltage drops below 12vdc-- RFI's are real touchy on getting proper voltage and the 1999's and early 2000's have known Rectifier problems.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread Information