Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 21
  1. #1

    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    San Diego
    Posts
    133

    2000 millenium edition gtx, fi. runs for an hour and then dies!

    got a gtx 2000 ME, it start right up runs great and then it shuts down like flooding. will not start, after you let it sit for at least an hour it will start again and do the whole thing again! Iam clue less where should i start


  2. #2
    flyin' the friendly skies airbornexp's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    Mahomet, Il. USA
    Posts
    6,004
    +1
    163
    when was the last time that you rebuilt the carbs? sounds like a fuel issue. if thats not it then Id start looking at the ground and replace it. after that, if its still doing it Id look at replacing the mpem.

  3. #3
    Tool Bag water worx's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Location
    Sunny Fla
    Posts
    1,925
    +1
    66

  4. #4

    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Posts
    1,833
    +1
    119
    Quote Originally Posted by Alex3012red View Post
    got a gtx 2000 ME, it start right up runs great and then it shuts down like flooding. will not start, after you let it sit for at least an hour it will start again and do the whole thing again! Iam clue less where should i start
    Do you have a 787 RFI, 951 DI or the carberated 951?

  5. #5
    RumRunnerRon's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    Portland, Oregon
    Posts
    462
    In the title to your thread you put FI. At least your problem is there for an hour or so before it restarts gives you time to check things out with the no start condition in place.

    I would start with the basics. Check spark, fuel pressure,compression, injector pulse from mpem, check all of your connectors and grounds. etc...

  6. #6

    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Posts
    1,833
    +1
    119
    Quote Originally Posted by RumRunnerRon View Post
    In the title to your thread you put FI. At least your problem is there for an hour or so before it restarts gives you time to check things out with the no start condition in place.

    I would start with the basics. Check spark, fuel pressure,compression, injector pulse from mpem, check all of your connectors and grounds. etc...
    So you are thinking 787 RFI or is your money on the 951 DI? I am thinking 787 RFI and I am going to go 1 step further and GUESS something to do with the intake setup. Lets see what he finds and what machine he has?

  7. #7
    RumRunnerRon's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    Portland, Oregon
    Posts
    462
    Quote Originally Posted by jim View Post
    So you are thinking 787 RFI or is your money on the 951 DI? I am thinking 787 RFI and I am going to go 1 step further and GUESS something to do with the intake setup. Lets see what he finds and what machine he has?

    Well it's a 50/50 guess on what machine it is lol! Although I have not seen very many 2000 DI's. Either way with fuel inj I believe it's always a wise idea to go through the motions and check your basics first. Especially since it dies. By doing so you can eliminate a lot of things it's not and go from there but, yes it will be interesting to see what he comes up with.

  8. #8

    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    San Diego
    Posts
    133
    it's the 787 fuel injected motor.thanks for all the replys. Didn't have a chance this weekend (out of town). i will do the basic to the engine spark plugs,filters, check comp and go from there. will post asap so you guys can give me your input. thanks again

  9. #9
    Tool Bag water worx's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Location
    Sunny Fla
    Posts
    1,925
    +1
    66
    That would be a 800 RFI.

  10. #10
    After an hour if running fine--- then dies,, my guess would be the Rectifier is bad and you are running off the Battery until the voltage drops below 12vdc-- RFI's are real touchy on getting proper voltage and the 1999's and early 2000's have known Rectifier problems.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Similar Threads

  1. Stuck at 4000rpm for an hour or so, then she runs??? Please help!
    By Cloughy17 in forum Polaris PWC Performance
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 09-03-2012, 07:18 AM
  2. 1999 seadoo gtx rfi, runs for couple minutes, and dies
    By griz400 in forum Sea Doo Open Discussion
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 08-21-2011, 08:23 PM
  3. 2000 millenium edition gtx, rfi. Maint light comes on!
    By Alex3012red in forum 2-Stroke Performance
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 02-09-2011, 06:01 PM
  4. 2000 Millenium Edition Ski Pole
    By 95 sl750 in forum Sea Doo Open Discussion
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 08-01-2009, 02:07 PM
  5. GP 800 runs good for a few minutes - then dies
    By darrengee in forum Yamaha PWC Performance (2-stroke)
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 07-12-2009, 01:20 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •